No announcement yet.

NO guitar day... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAJNH - I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I do hope that your guitars turn up in good condition. You were very smart to have all of that documentation on hand.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Were they in cases? Or did they just throw them into a van or something
      when they left? If loose, it sucks that they may be damaged when
      you get them back?

Comment

you know i often worry about shit like this happening since on some of my forum profiles i put pictures up of my gear and such. i meet people thru craigslist or locals from a forum then wonder if any of em are gonna come back and try to break in. i know you said youre pretty sure its a random break in, but did you consider if it may be anyone who knows what you got? cause if they do know what they got chances are they're smart enough to not go thru major pawnshops and music stores. may have to check the ghetto shops too

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          Were they in cases? Or did they just throw them into a van or something
          when they left? If loose, it sucks that they may be damaged when
          you get them back?
          They did NOT take any of the cases. So, I am assuming they were carelessly thrown in the back of a van or POS Honda hatchback or whatever.

Even though that upsets me, to think of them treated that badly, really what's going to happen is my Ins Co will pay me for the loss and if the police recover the items, they belong to the Insurance Company.

I will get first chance at buying them back if I want but, I'm not one for beat-up guitars so except in the case of ones with intrinsic value (the '88) I doubt I'm going to want them.

I also want the damn jewelry box back.

Comment

After seeing how many times sellers have parted out guitars on ebay I would assume any guitar with a bolt on neck could be sold part by part as long as anything with an s/n was thrown away. Neck through guitars would be a problem to sell, but some of these bolt-ons have an s/n only on the neck plate.

Comment

Man I hope everything works out for you. I had 3 guitars stolen from me several years ago: 99 Gibson LP classic, takamine, and a samick acoustic (had the most sentimental value bc it was my first guitar and it was a hand-me-down from my dad.) They also stole a peavey 110 bandit amp when there was a Marshall DSL half stack sitting right next to it (retards.) Maybe the marshall was too big and heavy to lug around. Luckily home owners insurance compensated me greatly for those losses. Keep us updated.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                you know i often worry about shit like this happening since on some of my forum profiles i put pictures up of my gear and such. i meet people thru craigslist or locals from a forum then wonder if any of em are gonna come back and try to break in. i know you said youre pretty sure its a random break in, but did you consider if it may be anyone who knows what you got? cause if they do know what they got chances are they're smart enough to not go thru major pawnshops and music stores. may have to check the ghetto shops too
                I DID consider that carefully, but I don't think so. Aside from family and close friends, I could count the people who know what I got and who know where I live on one hand, they're all on this site. And I know where they live, or at least a mailing address they have access to. I don't put stuff on Craig's List and I haven't had anyone work on anything at our house in the last year or so, and when they do come, my office door is always shut (where I keep the axes) so they don't see anything.

So, we are talking about a really limited number of people who know my address and knew I had the guitars, and I know all of their addresses, heck most of them sent me checks. Except for one guy who backed out of a deal but there again who of "us" would, even if we were the type to steal guitars, NOT take the cases? :think:

Aside from not taking the cases, which is a real "duh" move for anyone who knew what they were stealing, there were some other items taken that indicate someone looking to pawn some stuff to make a quick buck, not an orchestrated "I am going to go steal all of that guy's guitars" situation.

According to the cops, all of the pawn shops are required to check their stuff against the list of stolen items. OK, stop laughing! Yeah, I realize that may not REALLY be the case. The major chains like Cash America, sure, but maybe not the mom & pop stores.

But that's really beyond the scope of what I'm willing to do. I'll check Ebay and Craig's List but I'm not going into every dive pawn shop in Indy (there are a LOT). I'm letting the cops handle that, which, I don't know what all they'll because, after all, no one got killed or anything. But I've given them as much info as I can.

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                After seeing how many times sellers have parted out guitars on ebay I would assume any guitar with a bolt on neck could be sold part by part as long as anything with an s/n was thrown away. Neck through guitars would be a problem to sell, but some of these bolt-ons have an s/n only on the neck plate.
                Oh yeah, I don't doubt that. Three were neck-through and I'm betting they end up stripped in a trash can, the others will probably be parted out. I'm keeping an eye for parts on Ebay as well.

My interest at this point, aside from maybe getting the '88 back, is just in seeing the guys get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                  I'm keeping an eye for parts on Ebay as well.
                  So am I, that Charvel neck with the MOTO binding was SWEEEET! $$$$

So let's get to the good news - what are you going to buy once the check comes in? I think you should just nut up and put in the massive Custom Shop order for your dream Jacko-Charvie. C'mon, let's spec it out, jazzy.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

This situation totally sucks! But the worst part is the insurance not paying if you're a gigging musician. There were some threads a while ago about how much small-time gigging musicians make out of each gig. That's not even a fraction of what the guitars are worth. Not to mention gigging musicians saving up to buy their dream amp only for it to get stolen and insurance denying claim. that sucks even more! I'm glad its gonna work out reasonably well for you!
                    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                      This situation totally sucks! But the worst part is the insurance not paying if you're a gigging musician. There were some threads a while ago about how much small-time gigging musicians make out of each gig. That's not even a fraction of what the guitars are worth. Not to mention gigging musicians saving up to buy their dream amp only for it to get stolen and insurance denying claim. that sucks even more! I'm glad its gonna work out reasonably well for you!
                      Insurance covers it if theyre stolen from your house, regardless. its under the "personal property" clause in your policy.
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

It depends on the policy whether it's covered as I understand it. Some do, some don't. If you use it for "business" then it's not "personal" property, you see. But, I think the interpretation of "business" has a lot of room for most guys who gig. If it's your only job, then maybe. Part-time make a buck here and there... Is that really a "business"?

Comment

It depends on the policy whether it's covered as I understand it. Some do, some don't. If you use it for "business" then it's not "personal" property, you see. But, I think the interpretation of "business" has a lot of room for most guys who gig. If it's your only job, then maybe. Part-time make a buck here and there... Is that really a "business"?
                          Well... yeah, i guess. Sounds more like "we're the insurance co and we dont feel like paying" to me.

Man I hope they catch the fuckers. Nothing I hate worse than thieves.
                          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            So am I, that Charvel neck with the MOTO binding was SWEEEET! $$$$

So let's get to the good news - what are you going to buy once the check comes in? I think you should just nut up and put in the massive Custom Shop order for your dream Jacko-Charvie. C'mon, let's spec it out, jazzy.
                            Ha ha ha... Yeah. You'd be bidding against me on that neck if it got parted out man, I would totally buy it... It was a killer playing guitar. I have a body it would fit on really nicely, too!

I haven't really given that much serious thought to what I'm going to get yet. I really do like Soloists a lot so it is almost certain I'll buy another or two.

Comment

I haven't really given that much serious thought to what I'm going to get yet. I really do like Soloists a lot so it is almost certain I'll buy another or two.
                              Given that I have guitars that I just flat out don't play - I think (should this ever happen to me) I would probably try to consolidate down to 2 or 3 killer guitars given the opportunity.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                                Given that I have guitars that I just flat out don't play - I think (should this ever happen to me) I would probably try to consolidate down to 2 or 3 killer guitars given the opportunity.
                                Yeah, I know what you mean. I've felt the same way a time or two, after I spent most of a Saturday changing strings or adjusting truss rods. I am definitely going for quality over quantity.

I've got my single-hum Warmoth and I think, just for fun, I'd like to put together a mutt with my black Pro Mod body and a Musikraft neck. That's more than adequate to take care of the "stuff I would take to a jam session and not worry about" needs.

I'm kind of considering doing a CS guitar. I'm not sure my tastes really warrant it, though. Consider this:

-Soloist
                                -Mahogany body
                                -Unpainted maple neck
                                -Reverse headstock with abalone Jackson script logo
                                -Reverse abalone sharkies
                                -Bound neck & headstock
                                -Ebony fingerboard

Take away the stuff I could live without, and it's an SL2H-MAH, which is probably at least $1200 cheaper. :think:

Comment

Working...
                                X