No announcement yet.

NO guitar day... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, they're the new-style (last 5+ years) ABS cases with metal latches.

Comment

• Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      I put the leftover cases in the basement... 3 Soloist cases an 2 "dinky" cases. I don't know what I'm gonna do with them.
      pm sent

Comment

• Originally posted by marnold View Post
        pm sent
        http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99860

For Sale thread (TJ, if it's not cool to pimp my own FS thread in my own thread that isn't in the classifieds I apologize)

I'd love to blow these out really cheap but at some point I might as well just set them out for the garbage truck.

Comment

• What ya gonna put your replacements in though?

Comment

• Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
            And Nafe...here's to everything working out for you as well...good luck! You could always buy a new guitar and sell it for fundage to buy parts to replace your build.
            Thanks mate. "Luckily" it was just the 2 guitars, for some reason they were gracious enough not to take my rack (containing my Mesa 295 and Digitech 2112) or any of my recording equipment, even though they took the time to dismantle and steal my housemates whole entertainment system and computer:think:

Anyways, glad it's sorted for JazzNoise, tis good news

Comment

• Originally posted by nafe View Post
              What ya gonna put your replacements in though?
              USA Jacksons come with a case included for MAP. Although you will occasionally see dealers advertising "Free case!" rest assured, it IS included.

So if I get some USA Jacksons it's no problem.

The DK2 and SL3 used to come with a gig bag, but Jackson finally started including a case like this year or last.

Comment

• Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post

The DK2 and SL3 used to come with a gig bag, but Jackson finally started including a case like this year or last.
                I didn't even get a gig bag included when I bought my DK2M last year, I had to persuade the bloke in the store to throw one in. I don't mind that lack of a case though, I don't carry it around very often.
                I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

• That sucks. I hate a dang thief. I will keep an eye out on ebay.

Comment

• I was hoping to read that you were successful in locating the the guitars.

My wife mentioned to me that I need to have a writer on my policy as well.
                    The newest '85 soloist cost me $1600+. I can't imagine an insurance company agreeing to paying that price (per soloist) if all the soloist's were stolen from here. What a sad series of days that would be for me.

..come to think of it.. how do you quote a price for a damn near perfect early 80's Jackson? I dont want to even think about going through that process :-\

Comment

• Yeah, I am actually still kinda depressed that my '88 is gone, as well as the white Charvel. The others are replaced or as good as replaced (stuff on order) but I really liked those two.

It really depends on your policy. Mine didn't seem to have a problem with it... I got paid more than $1600 for a '96 Soloist I only paid $699 for, because I had "replacement cost" insurance. Now, I put a set of pickups and a Floyd and some Schaller tuners on it so I did have around $1100 in it, plus my time, but still...

Check with your agent. I mean, I was happy to find that they didn't have some kind of a "That qualifies as a collection, so, we're not covering it because your insurance doesn't cover collectibles" exclusion, but I really had no idea and I was kind of worried until I talked to the claims adjuster.

For the Charvel they asked me the specs of it and found something new/similar. I got about $800 for it IIRC, which I suppose if I wanted I could buy another '88 and get it painted, etc. for that, but, it wouldn't be MY '88 and so, you know, forget it.

Comment

Working...
                      X