Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there such a thing as hum "jackson" pickup covers

i am curious ....cuz i thought they were glued on ...like on the j200's
    reason i ask is cuz i am selling j50 ~B~ and an ~N~and someone seems to think they came with covers
    my thought is in 86 there were no covers on the san dimas jacksons

thanks
    len
    Last edited by len; 10-18-2009, 02:10 PM.
    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

The J-200 was expoxy sealed, like an EMG. The humbuckers did start coming with plastic glued on covers but some were also available uncovered. And the J-100 single coils had a plastic cover too.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

There were plenty of uncovered Jackson humbuckers right from the get-go. My late '85 Charvel had an uncovered J50B in it.

Comment

The J-80c's in my model 5 had the plastic covers held on with 2 sided tape.

**Edit - Thinking back, one was actually held on with what appeared to be hot melt glue, although I guess it could have also been melted potting wax.
        Last edited by Hellbat; 10-19-2009, 11:20 AM.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

My old charvel (not sure what model it was) had a jackson labeled pickup cover on it (single humucker model) that would come off. I think its still around here somewhere, the pickup and cover that is....guitar is long gone.
          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Working...
          X