I need help Identifying this Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help Identifying this Charvel

When I first started playing guitar my uncle gave me a red Charvel, which I have been trying to put a date on using the Jackson website and such but I just have not been able to do. Im not looking to sell the guitar, I really just want to know if it is worth anything because if it is not Ill probably have it painted because Im not big on red. The body is red, it has a bolt on neck and fretboard that is probably maple (unless they would use another wood that looks like maple), one of those old "Jackson" pickups, it has a non-locking or floating trem, the tuning pegs say Jackson on the back of them, but the headstock has the Charvel logo on it. the serial number on the plate where the neck is bolted is 286883, and this plate also says "P.O. Box 2344, Fort Worth TX, 76113 U.S.A.

I may be able to take some pictures by tonight and get them on here for you guys to see, but if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

it's a Model 1, made in Japan between 86-88
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Thank you very much. Any idea what these guitars are worth nowadays? Mine is a little scuffed up and I was thinking about getting it repainted, but I probably wouldnt do that if it was like some prized artifact of a guitar

Comment

Paint it... they are only worth $200 - $400 depending on condition.
        A lot of people like the necks on these.
        -Rick

Comment

Actually the neck is exactly what I like about it. The action on this is better than my "expensive" guitars, which is why I thought of painting it and upgrading some parts. I just wanted to be sure I wasnt damaging something overly valuable. Thanks

Comment

anyone know what wood the body is made of?

Comment

Basswood... it's ugly, put some paint on it.
              -Rick

Comment

Working...
              X