1990/1991 USA Warrior vs Warrior Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990/1991 USA Warrior vs Warrior Pro

I was under the impression one model had a Wah circuit and the other had the JE-1500 Mid-range boost. Yet I've seen plenty of both guitars on ebay, youtube and JCF (including catalog scans) to suggest the spec has alternated (I'm referring to stock Warriors, no mods). So which is correct? Which of the two should I be trying to find? And do the two models have identical bodies? They look so.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

they have the JE-1200 mid sweep (wah) circuit.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

The JE1200 is the midboost, JE1500 is the "wah". The JE1500 was mostly found on Fusions Pros and Spectrums, among others. The 1200 was put in MANY models.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Those Warriors should have the JE-1500 parametric midrange sweep circuit (wah).

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So it's the same circuit in both. Here was me thinking one was a Wah effect and the other being a mid-EQ boost.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Did both versions have the same quasi-stacked single coil at the bridge? That thing scares me away from those guits.

Comment

Right, the original Warriors (Pro and USA) had the JE-1500 envelope filter, sort of like a wah with a fixed spot. The pickups were Armstrong Rails, and originally had a 5 way blade switch with 3 pickups for some cool tonal options.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Having compared a 1990 USA directly to a 1990 Pro, the only difference I found was the neck of the Pro felt a hair thicker. Coulda been the paint as the Pro was Red Pearl and the USA had a graphic, but with the same size strings on both and set up the same way, the Pro neck felt thicker.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X