Unique CS Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique CS Options

So... I've been selling a bunch of my gear off as I find that I've been falling in love with my 2 Charvel USA Pro's and besides the Paradise guitar, I'm not playing my other axes much anymore. I've been thinking about getting a J/C custom shop model and was wondering what are some of the more unique options people have ordered in the past? Body shapes? Electronics? What are some of the more unique option I could get? Picture and descriptions would be a big help.

Also, for example, if i wanted something like a KE2, could I get something like the neck profile of a DiMatrini San Dimas?

Does the custom shop still make that cool Roswell star shape?

More unique? There's a contradiction in there somewhere....

There's a bunch of 'unusual' stuff out there, but you have to be careful of being too crazy cos it might look / sound / feel like shit (even to you), and resale could be a bitch. Back in the day you could design your own body shape (e.g. Brad's King Kutt), but I'm not sure that's an option now.

When it comes to specific specs, you don't tend to see too many maple boards with sharkfins (ebony or MoP), Crop Circle or Hyroglypic inlays, 'coloured' binding or pickups, angled pickups, Kahlers, DiMarzios, PC archtops etc etc

As far as neck profiles go, getting a DeMartini profile shouldn't be a problem at all, though it's likely to be an upcharge.

And I'm not sure how the 'artist replica' policy would apply to the Roswell Star...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I think the Roswell Star design was owned by Amir. Could be wrong, of course
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

When you are in Indianapolis for the Indy 500, be sure to stop by Reno's Music, located in Fishers, Indiana. We are proud to offer an extensive selection of Martin Custom Shop guitars, Gibson Montana acoustic guitars, Eastman guitars and mandolins, and Bourgeois hand-made guitars.

There's a lot of interesting/unique features on these. I wish more dealers did cool stuff like this, these guys did a "run" of these so you can get them for about the price of a "plain Jane" solid color maple-board San Dimas.

Comment

I'm dreaming of a Kelly Star neck thru...wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
            http://www.guitarhotline.com/t-charvelinfo.aspx

There's a lot of interesting/unique features on these. I wish more dealers did cool stuff like this, these guys did a "run" of these so you can get them for about the price of a "plain Jane" solid color maple-board San Dimas.
            My favorite feature on these is "Side Input "Randy Rhodes" Style Jack"

:ROTF:
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah...

At least it's not Andy Roads. :ROTF:

But, you gotta admit, for the price, that's a whole lot of Custom Shop Charvel.

Comment

Working...
              X