Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Dimarzio single for a Model 6???? WTF!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Dimarzio single for a Model 6???? WTF!!

After all the talk about the Tone Zone recently, I think I want to try one out in the Model 6. Call it what you want but I like to have my pups match. Like all SD's, all EMG's, all Dimarzio's, etc.. (I know most really don't care about that but it's my guitar so shut up!!!) The mid and neck singles have to be just oval, no "v" on the one side, to fit. I don't see any on Dimarzios website. Anyone know of any that'd fit?
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

You'll probably have to special order them from Dimarzio.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Call DiMarzio customer service.. most of the time, you'll get Steve Blucher himself answering your calls.. even if its something they need to make with a different shape basplate or mod a current.. I've had them get stuff to me from scratch in about a week.
      DiMarzio Endorsee
      www.dimarzio.com
      Morley Endorsee
      www.morley.com
      "Intelli-Shred" author
      www.myspace.com/intellishred
      NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

They will custom build tabless singles

Comment

I've had them get stuff to me from scratch in about a week.
          Your a little bit more famous then most of us though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
            They will custom build tabless singles
            +1. I've personally had this done. Dimarzio will do it for almost any single coil they make, the upcharge is very reasonable, and it's done reasonably quick. You should be able to get this done through any authorized Dimarzio dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
              Call it what you want but I like to have my pups match.
              You're a nut case?
              Like all SD's, all EMG's, all Dimarzio's, etc.. (I know most really don't care about that but it's my guitar so shut up!!!)
              I think just about everyone is like this. Why, I have no idea. It really shouldn't matter, a pickup is just a pickup after all.

Same thing goes for thinking you must have F-spaced pickups in the bridge.

Comment

You're a nut case?
                Well... I did just shave, cut, glue, drill, etc. etc my best guitar for my first project guitar I ever touched... I feel like a nutcase the whole time whether I am or not!!

And what is this "F-spaced" you speak of? :ROTF: Funny you should say that. I just found out (don't know if you smart(ass) MF'ers knew) that all Dimarzio single coil sized pickups are F-spaced. 51mm center to center E-E poles... Now we're all a little smarter!!

Outside of that, I keep thinking about this and wanting to go back to my original plan.. Duncan Custom bridge, Little '59 neck, and probably a Duckbucker in the middle. I hate options, I'm too indecisive!!
                Last edited by warlok; 11-18-2009, 04:00 AM.

Comment

I just found out (don't know if you smart(ass) MF'ers knew) that all Dimarzio single coil sized pickups are F-spaced. 51mm center to center E-E poles... Now we're all a little smarter!!
                  What does "F" stand for?

What kind of guitars to single coils typically go in?

Here's a clue - "F-spacing" has been around for almost 60 years.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    What does "F" stand for?

Poor warlok. Yet you keep coming here for us to bust your balls

Comment

lol. reading posts here is better than cable!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                        lol. reading posts here is better than cable!!
                        Better than late night cable? You know... Skin-emax?
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Better than late night cable? You know... Skin-emax?

hhhhmmmmm........thats a tough one.......still yup better than cable. if i wanna see skin i got dvd's

Comment

I just figured out how to fund my next guitar!! Copy all this to dvd's and sell it to wise asses. Coming soon to a movie store near you... The NEW JCF Skinemax DVD!! Fun for the whole family!! Collect the whole set!!

As funny as all this is, How stupid does it look when i really did (until now) think it was Floyd spaced. Never knew it was fender. Seems like a common mistake I guess.:think: All morning I was wondering why Dimarzio had all their singles F-spaced... :idea: Guess we all gotta learn somehow... Damn it, I chose you fuckers!!!

Comment

Being somewhat of a noob I'm gonna take a guess and say "F"spacing is the Fender spacing as opposed to the Gibson string spread.

What does "F" stand for?

Causing chaos one note at a time!

-CJ-

Comment

Working...
                              X