Dilema: 3 Jacksons and Ibanez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilema: 3 Jacksons and Ibanez

Hey guys! I'm new to this forum, but not that new to Jacksons . I've been playing a JRR94 Concept for last couple of years, and it's just awesome. I also have an Ibanez RG350 which is just a piece of s**t compared to jackson (tone wise).

So, I was thinking to sell that Ibanez, and buy some other jackson (you gotta love tham). I'm a university student, so money is tight, but i was considering these guitars:

new DK2 - down side is price, I tried it and it's just great
    new DX10D - down side is basswood, haven't tried it yet, probably will soon
    used Fusion professional STD - down side is basswood, can't try it until I decide to buy it

I know that Fusion is a shorter scale, it's not in mint shape (judging on pictures), but it's the cheapest one.
    I have noticed that new DX10Ds (from this year) come with JT580LP floyd insted the JT500 which was on the earlier DX10Ds (in catalog for 2006).

Reason why I don't like basswood is my Ibanez. For last three or four years I've played it, and played my poplar Jackson. Jackson always had a better tone, clean or drive. I even put a SuperDistortion in ibanez, and it helped a little, but on clean, Jackson, with stock pickups, was still light years ahead. Also the neck on Jackson is just far more comfortable then the WizardII.

So, if anyone can compare any of these guitars, tone wise, that would be helpful.
    Also if anyone can compare DX10D to Ibanez RG350 since they are very similar. Almost the same price (new), and same specs. Is Jackson any batter? Is it worth selling my Ibanez plus additional 150-200 euros?

I appreciate any help.
    Last edited by icy_tower; 11-23-2009, 03:03 AM.

I'd check out ebay or gbase if I were you. I'd go the route of the DK2. The RG350 should sell for a little over the $200 mark. A DK2M isn't that much more expensive and the pups will be much better than the standard Ibanez PU's.
    http://musical-instruments.shop.ebay...=p3286.c0.m282

Comment

I would buy it from ebay, but I' from Serbia, and we don't have pay pal...

Comment

Anyone? Any thoughts?

Comment

I'll sencond the recommendation for the DK2.
          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I've had both an Ibanez and Jackson's that were basswood and the Jackson's still sounded better. I still have the Jackson's and wont buy another Ibanez unless it was cheap.
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

I've actually had relatively good luck with Ibanez. The only crappy ones I've ever played were ones that had been boogered-up by some teen douchebag who doesn't get that you play better by practicing and NOT by doing stupid modifications to your axe.

Jacksons STILL sound better though.

Comment

I've had 2 necks crack on me. In the same spot, ya know right where they reinforced em on the newer models. They also sound flat to me.
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

It's nice to hear that basswood guitar sounds better when it's made in Japan than Korea. I will probably test DX10D today, and try to compare it to ibanez. Then I will know if X series is any better than my RG and if it's worth trading...

My ibanez is nice guitar, better than the ones they sell now, but I always feel that it's missing something in tone...

Comment

Working...
                  X