Thanks and Praises to JCF Member, "Brian"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks and Praises to JCF Member, "Brian"

Guys, I recently purchased Brian's "Don't Smoke Rhoads" that he advertised in our Classifieds section a week or two ago. Very cool guitar indeed (pics below!) but Brian was even cooler. He and I are some of the last real metal heads out there. And don't even bother arguing with us that metal today is the metal of yesteryear. Bang yer headz!

By the way, I scared the heavy metal out of Brian when I emailed him upon receipt of the guitar. I was pissed that the hang tag's inspection sheet showed a completion date of March 18, 1992. You see, that's one day after my birthday! Told him I was disappointed and mad and upset about the date being off by one day. Feel the pain!
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Re: Thanks and Praises to JCF Member, "Brian"

Hey Joe i did not know your birthday
    March 17, 1992

what would that make you 11

Comment

Ooops! Sorry, Sid, what I meant was March 18 was one day after me birthday. I'm a St. Patrick's baby. I was born the year after you, sir.

Comment

Just [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Fun at you Joe

Originally posted by charvel750:
        Ooops! Sorry, Sid, what I meant was March 18 was one day after me birthday. I'm a St. Patrick's baby. I was born the year after you, sir.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Re: Thanks and Praises to JCF Member, &quot;Brian&quot;

Beautiful guitar! Always nice to hear about deals that went well [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Now if only it was 24 fretter with no pick guard! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] ....Actually it would be cool! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

ooh sweet, I was waiting for pics of that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] congrats!

Comment

That's a mean lookin' Rhoads! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Joe, do you smoke? Heh, the two of you would make a cool pair if you did.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Nope, the only thing I've ever smoked was a 1984 Rhoads San Dimas' fingerboard! Man was it a player. I've grown pretty attached to the bald skull dude, he's twice my age with half my hair!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Joe. It was a pleasure dealing with you. Yes, you and I certainly know our old school metal - don't even bother arguing with us old timers! HAHA! Take good care of her for me!

By the way Joe, I also have an 84 Rhoads! How did you know that? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Actually, it's right there in my avatar image.... but there's NO WAY you're getting THAT one off me! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I see you changed the bridge p/u already....didn't like the Duncan, eh? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the Duncans, that's actually a TB-1 Duncan in there for the pictures. Just trying out different sounds, might end up with dual EMG-81's as they sound really nice in another Rhoads of mine. The Rhoads I was speaking of is this one:

And here it is after I smoked it, note the hardware has been stained from my molten fire power!

Comment

Hey cool, a see through, smoke-coloured pick guard! Or a Photoshop job [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Anyways, looks good!

Wait a minute... a see through Kahler as well [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Help me out here, Joe.
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

What you are seeing there is the same guitar with all black hardware in the first two pics. The lower pic is with chrome hardware and we took a Sharpie to the chrome parts to keep the flag lines continual. Note too the pair of bullet holes on the chrome pickguard. Stuka helped me find that, Hal has it now. Totally a smoker!

Comment

Working...
                          X