Jackson/Charvel San Dimas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson/Charvel San Dimas?

I just got me an '80s Charvel. The guy I got it off didn't know what it was, but said he got in 1989, and I'm not sure either. Its got a 6 digit serial number, and the bolt on says that it was made by Charvel in Forth Worth, Texas.
    I think it might be a San Dimas, but I don't think it fits the specs (and cos it was made in Texas) - its got two p-ups, one single and an angle (neck) and one humbucker (bridge), both Jackson, and a Jackson FL licensed trem (made in Taiwan), only a volume pot, [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] and a three way selector.
    Has anyone got any idea what it is, or what year it was made?
    And one last thing - I get no feed back from the p-ups, but when it on ful gain and I'm not touching the strings, there's a high pitched hum coming from somewhere. Anyone know what I can do about it? Or what it is?

Re: Jackson/Charvel San Dimas?

That's either a Predator or a 3DR. Japan either way. Cool guitars for the money.

Comment

But then why the Texas plate? Do you think it was added by someone trying to get some sort of scam going? Thanks, anyway. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

No, Jackson/Charvel HQ was in Texas at the time. The imports had the Texas adressed plate because...well...I have no idea who's great idea that was, actually!
        There were never any guitars actually made in Fort Worth.
        Japanese Ft. Worth plated Charvels are everywhere.

Comment

"was someone trying to get some sort of scam going?"
          Yeah, IMC (the company that bought Jackson from Grover Jackson) was trying to scam everyone into thinking they were made in Texas [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Sadly, it seems to have worked [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

if you notice, it doesn't say made in ft worth, it just has the address.but it was meant too fool people into thinking it was us made.just like the kramers with neptune, nj on the plate, not made in neptune, nj
            The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Or the BC Rich NJ series - most people think they're made in New Jersey [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Truly have they taken us for fools... [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Of course, when new, they did have a tiny "Made in Japan" sticker on them. Of course, peeling off that sticker was close to the first thing most buyers did when they bought them new.

(I do have an 80s Model 3 that still has the Made in Japan sticker on it, though).

Comment

Working...
                  X