Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to tell the year on older imports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professionals were built in India for one year, except the PC3. I remember that, because I ranted about it somewhere (maybe here) when it was announced.

The only Professional I've seen with a serial number sticker was whatever Kelly model that didn't have a neck plate.

(Oh, and Newc, the Concepts were JDX-94, JSX-94 and JRR-94 . . . from 1994. )
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Glave View Post
      I'm assuming this doesn't apply to the Professional series. Have a 93 Rhoads EX (bolt-on w/ neckplate) with a serial # that starts with a 9 and a 93 Kelly STD with a serial # sticker.
      What are the full ser #s please, I'm curious.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        It should apply to the Professional series since that's all there was until 1996 when they introduced the Concept series, which later became the Performer series.

If you bought yours used, they could be rebuilds or mutts.
        The Concept series was introduced in 1994 (JDR-94, JRR-94, etc) and became the Performer series in 1996.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          What are the full ser #s please, I'm curious.
          RR EX: 9413976. Not a mutt. Bought new from Sam Ash.
          Kelly STD : J 001573. Sticker on back of headstock.It is the model without a neckplate.
          My gear
          87 Charvel Model 6
          86 Charvel Model 4
          93 Jackson RR EX
          93 Jackson Kelly STD
          88 Ibanez RG560
          99 Schecter Diamond C-7
          Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Working...
          X