Where is Grover Jackson now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is Grover Jackson now?

I heard that guys a$$ has its own congressman....

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ BM...nice ralphism, there, pal!

sully

my cat's breath smells like cat food.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Well, the way I heard it...

After making stops at every major guitar manufacturer (the Grover tour) and raking in the loot for designing the same axe 47 times for 23 companies in 13 countries, he flew to Thailand for some cosmetic surgery so he could claim he was his own son - and begin the tour again.

Problem was, after the surgery he found he looked more like Faith Hill than Grover Jr.

Always the opportunist, GJ grabbed the next flight to Denmark for a sex-change operation so he could secretly replace Faith and influence millions to play [name here] Guitars.

Then he saw her hubby Tim. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [runs away...]

Back to Denmark to unto the sex-change operation before the warranty ran out, then to Thailand to find something more suitable.

"So, what kind face you want this time? Pamama Andresen? Mickey Looney?"

"I wanna look like Wayne Newton!

"Ahhh. Lane Newton poplar choice...."

But he came out looking like Wayne Charvel!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

So he gave Wayne a chunck 'o coin to get lost for awhile - and took his place.

And now he can design the same axe again and again and again and again....

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

So wahat your saying is that he's a freekin looser and you could not care less if you tried.
          Is that about the shape of it? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
          A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Actually, GJ created and shaped the baddest guitar company that ever was. Every C/J I own was crafted with him at the helm.

I'm just pokin fun.
            Have a 'valium & coke' and relax.
            750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
            Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Guys, in all seriousness...am I detecting some animosity being directed in Grover's direction? And if so, why? What did he do to deserve it?

Legit question...I really don't know and am curious...

BTW, I read somewhere online recently that he lives in Hesperia, CA near some of the current Jackson shop guys...don't know if it's true or not. And I also heard the ER thing too...Roman was supposed to have something about their collaboration on his site, but I've never seen it.

Comment

not at all....we're totally kidding.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                  [QB] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ BM...nice ralphism, there, pal!

sully
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry, Sully, but Jimbo said that, not Ralph.

- E.

[ June 13, 2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: AlexL ]
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

double post.

[ June 13, 2003, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: AlexL ]
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                      [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ BM...nice ralphism, there, pal!

sully

my cat's breath smells like cat food.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I love Ralph!!! That character is hilarious!

[ June 13, 2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

i know where Grover is and what he is doing....

Grover is currently working in the same shop or adjacent shop(forget which) of the guy who originally made the charvel brass parts....what grover is doing is making ukelele necks for people in hawaii.....why? cause its easy and he is making a ton of dough off of it...he has himself a cnc machine and pops them out to hawaii at 100 necks a clip

thats what he is doing.....incidently, the shop is across from the fender plant

Comment

No, it's Ralph! Jimbo wouldn't be caught dead saying something like that! Try doing that quote in a Jimbo voice and discover how horribly wrong that would be!

"Hi, Lisa! Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe he was referring to Accept2's "I heard that guy's A$$ has its own congressman" quote, which was, in fact, a Jimbo.

Comment

Just to skew this even further off topic... my favorite simpons kids quotes:

Milhouse - "Everything's coming up Milhouse!"

Kearney's son - "I sleep in a drawer"

Jimbo - "My shirt's chafin' me"

Nelson - "I feel like a tool" and "ha ha!"

Ralph - "I bent my wookie" tied with "you choo-choo-choose me?"

Pete

Comment

Ah, the geatness of "I bent my wookie". Man, that phrase has so many useful applications...

"Dude, I was running across the street and this moron on a bike totally came out of nowhere and bent my wookie."

"Dude, you sure bent the wookie on that one."

*EDIT*
                                The restaraunt thing was definitely Ralph. It was in the episode where Homer decides to gain weight so he can work at home.

[ June 13, 2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Black Mariah ]

Comment

Working...
                                X