New Jersey JCFers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey JCFers...

Hey guys. I'm going to the states probably this next week becouse my grandma's brother is dying in the hospital and I'm going to go with her. I'm going to West Paterson to stay in my Aunt's house and I was wondering if there is any good place in NJ to buy guitars? I've only gone to NJ one time before, and I was 9 (I'm 16 now).....Ummmmm...so, yeah.

Re: New Jersey JCFers...

Dave Philips Music and Sound. They sell jacksons there.

Comment

Awesome. Can you kinda tell me where this is located? I know pretty much nothing about NJ. If you can give me directions, I'll write them down and give them to my friend so he can take me. Thanks man.

Comment

All i know is thats its in phillipsburg. Sorry that i can't give you directions or anything. But i'll try and get some for you dude.

Comment

I don't wana be nosy, but... Your great uncle is dying, and you wana buy guitars? o.O

Comment

guitar center and robbie's music in totowa.
            they are both off of rt 46, about 5-10 mins from west paterson. the prices aren't that good at either place, but sometimes you can find a good used piece or something thats on clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer77:
              All i know is thats its in phillipsburg. Sorry that i can't give you directions or anything. But i'll try and get some for you dude.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Phillipsburg is by Pennsylvania and not even close to West Paterson.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There's a Guitar Center I went to one time, I think it's in Totowa or maybe Paramus? I can't remember. I think it's either Route 17 or Route 23, somewhere around there, maybe Route 46 also. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I think there's also Victor's House of Music in Paramus. There's another little guitar shop in the Fair Lawn or Saddle Brook area when you come off the Parkway at exit 159 going towards Route 80 West. Just bear right off the exit and down a mile or so you'll see a little shop on the left... I can't remember the name of it.

[ June 13, 2003, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

There's a Guitar Center I went to one time, I think it's in Totowa or maybe Paramus? I can't remember. I think it's either Route 17 or Route 23, somewhere around there, maybe Route 46 also. I think there's also Victor's House of Music in Paramus. There's another little guitar shop in the Fair Lawn or Saddle Brook area when you come off the Parkway at exit 159 going towards Route 80 West. Just bear right off the exit and down a mile or so you'll see a little shop on the left... I can't remember the name of it.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do i hear an echo? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats Joe's Guitar Shop btw.
                    itsallinmyhead.. if you need the specific addresses on these i could post them.

[ June 13, 2003, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Gpops ]

Comment

LOL [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I didn't even read your post, I was just going by memory, since my cousin lives up that way.

Comment

Wow that was fast... thats right around were i live. Does your cousin have any jacksons i can try out? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

No, he doesn't have any Jacksons. I think he actually just picked up a crappy little beater guitar after not playing for many years. He now lives further up north in either New Milford or West Milford.

I've never been in that music store, but I used to pass by there when he lived up on Fair Lawn Parkway in Fair Lawn. I used to pass there and go down a couple blocks and make a right up on Floral Ave. (by the Citgo station), take that up and make a left on Fair Lawn Pkway, and he was a couple blocks down on the left. His in-laws still live there. I also got tattoed down the road at Star Light Tattoo on Route 4/Broadway... but I think it changed names and owners now. Haven't been up that way in a long time.

Comment

the guy from Joe's guitar shop, of course his name is Joe, is a real nice guy, he's pretty funny too. Other than that, Victor's House of Music is a real cool place, the guys there arent jerks like GC and SamAsh. Lark Street Music is like a Museum, so many pretty guitars, but very expensive, thats the place where the guy offered me a Mod6(in the importCharvel section) for $550.

Comment

woohoo...someone is visiting my neck of the woods! victors or guitar center in totowa is usually the way to go. GC had a sweet sl-2h the last time i was there.

Comment

Working...
                              X