Jacksons And Their Indian Ripoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacksons And Their Indian Ripoffs

No, I'm not talking about the crappy MII axes.

The same factory that produces (or used to produce) the Indian Jacksons, locally sells what is pretty much the X Series under a different brand name.

I just got to thinking...How come Jackson allows them to totally rip off the body/headstock shapes? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Jacksons And Their Indian Ripoffs

So who's the company?
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

black mariah posted about this... it's above board. i forget the deal, but maybe he can clue us in again.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas:
        So who's the company?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The company's called Harmony Musical Instruments.
        Guitars are sold under the brand name 'Tansen'.

*waits for BM to clear this up*

Comment

Okay, I'm here. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm not sure of the specifics of what the deal is with Harmony. I wasn't even aware that they made Tansens with the same components as the Jacksons until someone posted an auction for one in the Ebay section a couple of months ago. It doesn't surprise me much. Harmony is like Samick. They make tons of guitars for several companies. Considering that they're being made for the overseas market, and trying to sue a company that sells their products overseas over American trademark laws is tricky, it's probably best just to let them go with it.

Then again, the Jacksons might be relogoed Tansens. I really am not sure. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Funny appropriate link:
          http://www.mtvindia.com/mtv/music/index82.php3 [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh, and while we're on the subject of India... Bell Pins makes the best staples ever. I found a full box that was randomly dropped into a guitar box and damned if they're not the best staples I've ever used. India is definitely leading the world in staple technology. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL, "juggernaut acoustic" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

*Neck & Pick up: Construction quality should always be high so that the neck and pickups don’t fail after a year of hard grinding. The pickups must be set properly and tuning knobs shouldn’t be loose, which would cause the guitar to go out of tune with heavy playing or lots of movement. In case that happens, you could pretend that it’s a new alternative sound!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And a Gibson is a Givson. LOL!!!

Comment

Foreplay : Always play the guitar and see if the sound is free of static and buzz...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whoa, look! Is that what foreplay is? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Maybe if I browse that site long enough, I'll find a link to a guitar kama sutra! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
              [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                And a Gibson is a Givson. LOL!!!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Some of the other brand names for POS plywood guitars we have here:

Givson, Gibtone, Epephone, Hobner, Ebanez [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

And Gibson stopped using solid mahogany, and now uses mahogany and alder ply? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think there's a lot of misunderstanding here. Givson is a cheapass knockoff, they have nothing to do with Gibson. Suing a foreign company over products they distribute overseas only isn't in the best interest of Gibson, so they don't do anything about it.

Newc: I had to read that sentece about 10 times before it made sense. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Guitars, like the Les Paul, use multiple woods. The Les Paul Custom has an excellent combination of a mahogany/alder body, a maple/alder top, and a mahogany neck."

Gibson does (or has at least) made LP's with alder bodies and maple tops, and mahogany bodies with alder tops. I think that's the point he was trying to make, although it could have been a bit more clear. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Aaaaaah.

Comment

Working...
                      X