Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new (kinda used) Soloist SL-1 Pile O Skulls came!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new (kinda used) Soloist SL-1 Pile O Skulls came!

i was miserable today, bogged down in revision for a hellish week of exams next week. I heard the door bell and saw a woman standing with a big parcel and i realised id totally forgotten about my new Soloist! I bought it from strangletooth and he was great in the transaction, putting up with my questions and going throught the trouble of an international sale. Its amazing, plays like butter, so smooth. It has a few issues that need to be sorted, but its mostly easy stuff.

Heres some pics....

The servers being a little stupid and not working, so they may not show up for a while

James

Re: My new (kinda used) Soloist SL-1 Pile O Skulls came!

All I can say to that is wow!!!

Beautiful guitar!!! How is the Dimebucker so far?? I haven't heard many good things about it but I wondered how it sounds. Is it kind of like a Duncan DIstortion???

Comment

Sweet Graphic, enjoy her [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks man, i love this thing, but the Dimebucker isnt for me. Its got too many lows and highs and doesnt sound very balanced to me. Ill probably put a Duncan custom in there, its more what im looking for in a pickup.

I just did some dry recording runs with it and it sounds great recorded, so ill have some more Herbert clips on HC in no time

James

Comment

Sweet Axe. Pat (stranglettoth) hooked ya up good.

Matt

Comment

Hey Congrats on the axe. That used to be mine, I sold it to Pat a year or so ago...she was a beauty though...I really never played her. Her pic is still in the gallery from when I had her. Enjoy it man!

- Joel
            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
            RIP Dime

Comment

Great pix! One question.....How do you FORGET you have a SL1 on the way?! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Nice axe man.
                Just out of interest, which exams are they? Cos Im in the UK too and bogged down with a sh*tload of revising for my A level exams next week. I got 6 [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White:
                  Nice axe man.
                  Just out of interest, which exams are they? Cos Im in the UK too and bogged down with a sh*tload of revising for my A level exams next week. I got 6 [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Jamesy
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey man, yeah theyre A2s in all the sciences, its gonna be one hell of a week, tuesday is the only day without an exam [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

what are you doing?

James

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                    Great pix! One question.....How do you FORGET you have a SL1 on the way?! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">haha, try the most important exams ive ever had in my life, and i havnt revised very well, so i have a lot of work. I had no idea when it would arrive, just a rough timeframe and i really wasnt expecting it this early.

James

Comment

Originally posted by Joel Drabicki:
                      Hey Congrats on the axe. That used to be mine, I sold it to Pat a year or so ago...she was a beauty though...I really never played her. Her pic is still in the gallery from when I had her. Enjoy it man!

- Joel
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">haha, cool! She is a beauty man, and im playing it now, best lead guitar ive ever played.

James

Comment

Man that's a nice guitar... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Where do you guys get money to pay for these guitars? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Thoraby:
                          Man that's a nice guitar... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Where do you guys get money to pay for these guitars? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i work hard, i have a **** job, but i work a lot so the pay does mount up, this thing was worth suffering for

James

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
                            Sweet Axe. Pat (stranglettoth) hooked ya up good.

Matt
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">he sure did, this things a beaut and he could have very easily said no to all the hassle of shipping to the UK, but he went through with it and i thank him for it!

James

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Very nice. I've always been kind of partial to the Pile of Skulls graphic. I love the night sky on that.
                              I've heard a lot of good things about Pat and I don't think I'd hesitate to do a deal with him if the opportunity came up.

Comment

Working...
                              X