Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new (kinda used) Soloist SL-1 Pile O Skulls came!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new (kinda used) Soloist SL-1 Pile O Skulls came!

That's too effing cool, man! Congrats. I've had my Soloist for a couple of weeks now, and I still find myself staring at it in disbelief that I actually own such a wonderful guitar...

And yes, I'm going to post pictures.

Comment

You guys have no idea what it took for me, at the time to get this axe over there... With everything going on around here? It was a task and that was the furthest thing from my mind. I felt bad shipping it when it hadn't been cleaned nor did I put the volume/tone knobs back in their positions, but I just didn't have the time man and I had to get it out before I was at the hospital almost 24/7. Anyway, glad all is cool.

What's up with the Dime bro? I loved that tone, I just got that black/gold DK-1 from eBay and had a dime put in it cause the skulls was the only dime I had and I knew I'd miss it.

Anyway, glad all is cool and it arrived there safely, I packed her pretty good, as always...

For the record guys, I also through in 5 or so sets of strings and a brand new 20' instrument cable for hassles of the knob and filth thing.

Pat

Comment

Yeah me too.
        Wednesday is my only day without exams. Theyre my A2's as well. Im doing physics, biology and psychology. I did chemistry last year but I couldnt grasp that at all. The initial nomenclature threw me completely.
        Good luck man [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        I only just found out today that tomorrow's biology is the environment/mini ecology module, not microbes and disease [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        But Im like that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Whereabouts are you matey? Im in Lancashire.

Jamesy

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth:
          You guys have no idea what it took for me, at the time to get this axe over there... With everything going on around here? It was a task and that was the furthest thing from my mind. I felt bad shipping it when it hadn't been cleaned nor did I put the volume/tone knobs back in their positions, but I just didn't have the time man and I had to get it out before I was at the hospital almost 24/7. Anyway, glad all is cool.

What's up with the Dime bro? I loved that tone, I just got that black/gold DK-1 from eBay and had a dime put in it cause the skulls was the only dime I had and I knew I'd miss it.

Anyway, glad all is cool and it arrived there safely, I packed her pretty good, as always...

For the record guys, I also through in 5 or so sets of strings and a brand new 20' instrument cable for hassles of the knob and filth thing.

Pat
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah the packing was excellent and the pakage was perfect. The dimebuckers not bad, but there are better pickups for me, it doesnt sound as balanced as the duncan custom that ive tried in other axes, but with my rig i dont really need a high output pickup, just a balanced and clear one. The dirt came off in 5 minutes, i took all the strings off and buffed it all up and it looks great, put the 9s on there and let rip, i couldnt be happier with it as a lead axe at the moment, though i think ill put some heavier strings on when these need a change.

Once again, thanks very much for going through all the hassle of this for me, i cant thank you enough really becuase the chances of finding a skulls soloist like this over here is negelgable

James

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White:
            Yeah me too.
            Wednesday is my only day without exams. Theyre my A2's as well. Im doing physics, biology and psychology. I did chemistry last year but I couldnt grasp that at all. The initial nomenclature threw me completely.
            Good luck man [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            I only just found out today that tomorrow's biology is the environment/mini ecology module, not microbes and disease [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            But Im like that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Whereabouts are you matey? Im in Lancashire.

Jamesy
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">haha, yeah Module 5s a *****, impossible to revise and module 7 is just bloody long. Speaking of bio, i really should be revising rather than reading on here

Im much further south in bournemouth, on the south coast next to poole.

James

Comment

Cool.
              Lol. Module 5 isnt really a module you can revise for, you either know it or you dont [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              And yeah, 7 is WAY too long.
              Good luck with them anyway matey.

Jamesy

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White:
                Cool.
                Lol. Module 5 isnt really a module you can revise for, you either know it or you dont [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                And yeah, 7 is WAY too long.
                Good luck with them anyway matey.

Jamesy
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey man, thanks for the best wishes, you too

I thought module 4 was a bit of a ***** in places but could have been a lot worse. Module 5 was a piece of piss IMO

James

Comment

Working...
                X