Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left hand charvel model 3,

Hello everyone,
    This is my first post on this site, I have just dug out from my attic my black lefthand charvel model 3 with thoughts about restoring it to its former glory, I think its from 1988/89 the serial is 313263 can anyone give me any info on where and when this was made, it has a Fort Worth neck plate, I changed the bridge pickup to a dimarzio paf pro but I kept the original and was thinking of putting it back in!!!! What kind of Floyd Rose did the model 3 have, are these still available Lefthand/black/ because mine has gone green and a bit rusty. Any help would be greatly appreciated from this fledgeling jackson/charvel fan.
    All the best
    Chris.N
    ENGLAND.

Hi Chris, welcome to the JCF. The Model series were first introduced in 1986 and were made in Japan. The first year models came with Kahler bridges, then for the 1987 and 1988 releases, they had the Jackson JT-6 Floyd. The Model 1's had the V-trem. They became the Contemporary series in 1989 (the ones you see with the Charvel toothpaste logo). They are no longer produced, but you can find them on eBay.
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

left hand model 3

Cheers Alvin,
      I will keep looking on ebay for a new jt-6
      All the best
      Chris.
      England.

Comment

Oh, you were asking if the JT-6 was still produced? Well, I'm pretty sure they are not. But, an OFR will drop right in, the trem post spacing is identical. You will need the long block due to the Model 3 having a non-recessed route.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I've got 3 lefty model 3's. I guess I'm lucky that all of the bridges are in good shape. These guitars are great players for the money....otherwise the 474 deluxe are great too.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
          X