No announcement yet.

Jackson FINALLY turing over a new leaf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson FINALLY turing over a new leaf?

So first, we have this... http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=583323

Then I stop into SamAsh on the way home from work, and I see something Ive never seen before. What looks like an RX10... BUT... it has EMG-X pups, AND a BLACK CHROME OFR (korean made) and hardware. Priced $799... played it for about 10 minutes, didnt play that great, but wasnt horrible... needs a setup bad.

I cant find anything online about it, but is this a sign of things to come? Better hardware AND electronics? Ive been begging for atleast a REAL FLOYD ROUT on imports for years. I dont care where the bridge is made, as long as its the correct rout. Now if they would just stop using that shitty cheap feeling satin finish on the necks, wed be set!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Did you see the one I posted today?

I think we are getting some upgraded cool looking shit this year!

Comment

Holy fuck, 2010 is going to kick major ass, these imports look like custom shop models.
      Ratt & Roll

Comment

You guys ever hear of Dealer Exclusive Runs?

That's most likely what these are. We can do the same in the Limited Run section, however, we have to get 100 people for imports, and there are limited changes we can make (and IIRC that includes pickups, bridge, paint, and the like).

Major chains can get these done because they have numerous stores to spread them out and have a better chance at selling them.

And imports have had Floyd-ready routes for years.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You guys ever hear of Dealer Exclusive Runs?
          I found out the one I was looking at is a special run.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            And imports have had Floyd-ready routes for years.
            IMO having a route that I can drop an OFR in is a major plus. I dislike the way OFR's look in routes not specifically made for them, e. g., the JT580LP.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
              IMO having a route that I can drop an OFR in is a major plus. I dislike the way OFR's look in routes not specifically made for them, e. g., the JT580LP.
              +1

I'm glad they're doing the Korean Floyds on the neck-through stuff but I've always thought that if a DK2M came with an FR2000, I'd pick one up to "hot rod" a little.

And yeah, I know I could put a Floyd in the JT580 route but there's also the nut to consider, and, IMO, the Floyd in the 580 route only works for beater/black guitars.

Comment

I noticed the SL3's are now coming with EMGs. Shweet!
                "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
                  Holy fuck, 2010 is going to kick major ass, these imports look like custom shop models.

Comment

I cannot believe how many people actually nitpick about the tiniest cosmetic issue. Yes, those older routes are a tad oversized for an OFR. Is that really an issue? It's cosmetic. It has nothing to do with tone or playability.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Some ppl care about cosmetics aswell as tone and playablility . To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
                        Some ppl care about cosmetics aswell as tone and playablility . To each their own.
                        I would be one of those people. I like guitars that turn heads. One of the reasons I hate black guitars and most flame maple guitars.. Give me a nice quilt top or a custom paint anyday. I don't mind a little diff in the trem cavity though, that's just being a little ocd for me
                        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                          I would be one of those people. I like guitars that turn heads. One of the reasons I hate black guitars and most flame maple guitars.. Give me a nice quilt top or a custom paint anyday. I don't mind a little diff in the trem cavity though, that's just being a little ocd for me
                          That's what I'm talking about. I also prefer figured tops and/or non-standard finishes/wood combos. It's the nitpicking about the trem route that's just crazy. OCD is a disease, not a virtue.

Comment

Rear loaded and 1 vol thats cool now just offer real pick ups and I'd think about one.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              That's what I'm talking about. I also prefer figured tops and/or non-standard finishes/wood combos. It's the nitpicking about the trem route that's just crazy. OCD is a disease, not a virtue.
                              I don't know man. Most of the progress made by humankind since we left caves has been because someone had OCD about something.

Like, I dunno. Coming up with a trem that didn't go out of tune no matter how badly you abused it. If you fail, you end up in jail or in counseling (disease). If you succeed, well, check out Bill Gates and his virtuous "can-do" attitude.....
                              Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                              98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
                              X