No announcement yet.

USA Production Models Jackson/Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Production Models Jackson/Charvel?

Hello All!

I am a newbie to this forum, I wanted to thank my friend Scottc for referring me to a site for guitars that we all love and love to play.

So forgive me if these questions were asked before, but still... after contemplation I thought this was the general right area for some burning questions that I had and I thought all of you would know for sure...

1.So after doing some research I know that Fender now owns Jackson guitars and Charvel. With that being said, here are my questions..

As of 2009 - now 2010 what Jackson production models are made in the USA? I was checking a few models out and it seems that most are made in Japan. Are all of the Jackson 2009/2010 production models made in Japan? Can someone please tell me which are made in the USA?

2. Does anyone know where some one can find the older Charvel guitars Model 4-6? I've searched ebay and a few other sites and it doesn't look too promising - maybe it's a crapshoot or the roll of the dice.

3. The newer Charvel's are nice with the original headstock and design that we all have come to love but it would be nice to see them offer them in Rosewood - Does anyone know if Charvel can do this? I found it fascinating that all of their production models have just maple fretboards. Of course I do believe that these are made in the USA as opposed to my above question for Jackson.

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions, I really want to purchase some Jackson's and Charvel's it reminds me of my teen years and I want to get back to them again.

Happy New Year all! I appreciate any help you can offer on the questions.

Regards,

Steve
    Last edited by stevec; 12-31-2009, 08:08 PM.

There is an entire line of USA Select series that are Made in the USA.
    Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Some of the artist models are USA as well.

The new batch of Charvels has a rosewood board model coming. I think January 15th.

Of course they will do a Custom Shop piece with a rosewood board.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

1.Soloists:
      SL1
      SL1T
      SL2H
      SL2HT
      SL2H-MAHQ
      SL2H-MAH
      Dinky:
      DK1
      Phil Collen PC1
      Adrian Smith Signatures
      Warrior:
      WR1
      Kelly:
      KE2
      Rhoads:
      RR1
      RR1T
      King V:
      KV2
      KV2TThat's the production models now.
      2. I find them on Ebay, Kijiji, and Craigslist. (Mainly Kijiji if you're Canadian, Craigslist if you're American)
      3. Dunno, I imagine for a custom shop then yes.

Comment

thanks guys,

Yeah that's awesome...all I saw on the main page was GEAR so I wasn't sure how to pull up the PRODUCTS link - this is great! Thanks so much!

Ya know what is weird - why didn't they include an american made S model with the Sustaniac. That would be awesome, because the PC1 (phil collen model) has it but there are no fret inlays.. Very weird indeed.

Am I missing something.

Regards,

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevec View Post
          thanks guys,

Yeah that's awesome...all I saw on the main page was GEAR so I wasn't sure how to pull up the PRODUCTS link - this is great! Thanks so much!

Ya know what is weird - why didn't they include an american made S model with the Sustaniac. That would be awesome, because the PC1 (phil collen model) has it but there are no fret inlays.. Very weird indeed.

Am I missing something.

Regards,

Steve
          Yes, you are missing something. Pictures of your guitars

Comment

[QUOTE=stevec;1309642]
            /[QUOTE]

You can't go wrong with a PC1. You won't even notice that it doesn't have inlays. It still has side dots. Great guitars.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Ah, I dunno, the lack of inlays does bother me. Not enough that I'd skip it if everything else was just right, but I would much prefer it had inlays.

Jackson USA does lack variety in the bolt-on Strat segment. Basically the Adrian Smith, PC1 and DK1 is it... Not sure why. I mean, the Import line has a huge variety of "Dinky Strats" compared to the USA line.

Comment

Working...
              X