Artists using DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artists using DK2

Anyone know of any signed, touring, video making bands that have videos out with them playing DK2's?

btw for anyone who may remember - i used to bitch and moan about the jb... i've started to become a believer... sh4 still gets the job done but that jb isn't too shabby

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Never said anything about swapping the JB with the Sh4 (and yes I meant SH6) the JB never left the dk2.
    Last edited by eakinj; 01-01-2010, 07:42 PM.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
    sh4 still gets the job done but that jb isn't too shabby
    Last time I checked an sh4 was a jb - has something changed?

I think anyone who would be using a DK2 would use a DK1, but I'm just guessing...?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

I think anyone who would be using a DK2 would use a DK1, but I'm just guessing...?
      You swapped out a pickup for the same model!!

Comment

oops sh-6 sorry. i was looking at buying another JB. dude it's new years day i'm not all here yet

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          You swapped out a pickup for the same model!!

Nope, the JB is still in my dk2, my sh-6 is in my rhoads. i got the model numbers mixed up while on the SD site. I am however thinking about putting a JB in my rhoads to see if i like it better then then the distortion

Comment

Well, what i want to see is if any well known established bands use the import models as well as or instead of the US models. Mostly I'm trying to point out to a friend that it makes little difference if it's an import jackson or a US model jackson, the quality is good. But so far I can't find any big metal or other bands to show him and say "Look, if this guy plays this guitar then you shouldn't knock it because it's MIJ"

Comment

I'm coming up blank on the DK2, but if "MIJ" is a concern there are many, many examples of famous musicians who played the Model series guitars. I mean, Shawn Lane played a 750XL...and he was the most badass player on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                I'm coming up blank on the DK2, but if "MIJ" is a concern there are many, many examples of famous musicians who played the Model series guitars. I mean, Shawn Lane played a 750XL...and he was the most badass player on the planet.
                nods, i'm going with the dk2 as an example because i have one, i could use the rr3r as an example because that guy from uhm... the band with the asian guitarist and they both play ibanez now... uh.. flame something... err shit... well they were that forgettable i am not using them as an example.

dragon force!!! thats the band... had to go find the 'bet you can't play this' on youtube to find their name..

the one guy played and RR3 for a while and well... not a good example.

Comment

Mark Morton from Lamb Of God played a RR3 for while . He also plays a RR5 from time to time . He also plays his sig which some are Japanese and some USA . http://www.jacksonguitars.com/news/i...lay_article=64 You also have recent sig models , Matt Tuck form Bullet For My Valentine , Japanese RR . And Phil Demmel from Machine Head uses a sig King V that is Japanese .
                  Mike
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Corey wotshisface from Trivium played some kind of Dinky Reverse (DR3, possibly?) for ages before they got their Dean deal
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Ben Moody

Ben Moody (founder / former lead guitarist of Evanescence) used (and still uses) MIJ guitars, usually a SLSMG or DKMGT but I've seen a DK2T every once in a while.
                      Help build a Jackson serial number database by submitting your serial number to: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101351

The Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101353

Comment

It looks like Petri used a DK2 in Norther in some of those videos but I'm probably just not paying enough attention.
                        "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Working...
                        X