What kind of Jackson is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Jackson is this?

Some guy has an ad on Craigslist for a Jackson guitar, but I can't quite figure out what kind it is. The ad lists it as a "Jackson King V professional guitar". I called him up and asked what kind of King V and he had no idea. He said the guitar had the words "standard", "professional", and the numbers "931950" on it. That's all the info I could get. It is a black V guitar.

Here is the ad. Is this a good deal?

please respond with any info asap, I want to buy it today if possible, before its gone.

Floyd Rose pick-ups??? Fail.

Comment

Just went and took a look at it.

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      Floyd Rose pick-ups??? Fail.
      What do you mean?

On the truss rod cover, it reads "King V. Std" and it has "Professional" written at the top of the headstock. It doesn't have a serial or model number anywhere on it other than the back cover of the guitar (where the neck bolts on) and that is the "931950" I mentioned. I don't know much about all this, so that's why I'm coming to you guys for advice. Don't want to get screwed over.
      Last edited by hunter1801; 01-01-2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't buy it. $300 for a bolt on and no sharkies? Doesn't seem like that great of a deal to me.

I think Axewielder was commenting on the ad saying Floyd Rose pickups. Floyd Rose is the trem, not the pickups.

Comment

I think that's a kv2 MIJ. I think it's a good deal with all the other stuff.

Comment

From what I can tell, it is this one:

The King V Std. obviously not the Mustaine one. So you don't think it's worth it? Oh and I know Floyd Rose is the system, but there are Floyd Rose pickups too aren't there?
            The official home of the authentic Floyd Rose Tremolo System, Upgrades, Parts, Accessories, Audio, and more
            Last edited by hunter1801; 01-01-2010, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1801 View Post
              Oh and I know Floyd Rose is the system, but there are Floyd Rose pickups too aren't there?
              http://www.floydrose.com/pickups.html
              Well I'll be a sumbich. I wonder if those are any good? The seller still gets a demerit for calling them "pick-ups".

Comment

Are we going with a thumbs up or down on this one? Want to get it today if possible.

Comment

Buy a Warrior.

Comment

It's a 1993 King V Standard, made in Japan. There are a lot of these out there, why the hurry?

Anyway, try to bargain with him maybe.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"Jackson King V professional guitar with floyd rose pick-ups, digitech rp5 effects processor, fender bullet amp, 2 nady wireless systems, boss tuner, wall mount bracket, cords and strings $300 firm."

$300 for the guitar with case and everything else seems like a good deal to me.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

For all that I would hit it.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Ended up snagging everything for $250. The wireless things didn't have an adapter to plug into the amp so I have to buy that. Hopefully they work. I'm going to end up selling everything probably (other than the guitar) since I have a Peavey Valveking 212 and don't really need the effects board.

Only reason I was in a rush is because things like that sell on Craigslist extremely fast. Any time I see a Jackson, ESP, or other guitars up, they are gone in a day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1801 View Post
                            Only reason I was in a rush is because things like that sell on Craigslist extremely fast. Any time I see a Jackson, ESP, or other guitars up, they are gone in a day or two.
                            I've noticed the same thing, you have to move fast to craigslist a Jackson....unless it's a JS30xx listed for $400+
                            Help build a Jackson serial number database by submitting your serial number to: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101351

The Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101353

Comment

Working...
                            X