What makes a Jackson a JACKSON?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a Jackson a JACKSON?

What do you think makes a jackson guitar... The Neck or the Body?:think: (sorry i put this in the wrong Forum, It is jackson related talk..oops.)
    Last edited by 706AN; 01-03-2010, 02:34 PM.

The pointy headstock plays a big part

Comment

The neck

Comment

The logo

A combination of the neck (profile and board radius), body, and build quality.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Back in the day, it used to be "Charvels are bolt-on, Jacksons are neck-through," but that hasn't applied for a long long time. Still, that's the way it was described to me.

Funny... I get Jackson strats and Dinkies, but bolt-on Warriors, RR's, King V's, etc I don't.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            The logo
            Dammitt, I was going to say that.
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

the look
              the feel
              the pointy headstock
              and the sharkies

Comment

.....Wood

as in: If a guitar gives you wood, it's probably a jackson
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

The Jackson exclusive back plate! It says Jackson, or the builder, because if he/she didn't build it, it wouldn't even be a guitar
                  Gear

Jackson DXMG
                  Jackson JS30RR
                  Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                  Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                  Blackstar HT5H
                  Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                  Marshall JCM 800 2203
                  Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

I'm gonna go with Newc & Rich and mention the compound radius neck.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's awesomeness
                      I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

People know I'm a pretty big Gibson fan. Went into GC tonight and tried a Pearly Gates LP ($8K) and a beat up (3 paint chips to the wood) Snakeskin SL1 from the early 90s (U00446 I think) they wanted $850 for.

The Pearly Gates had one of the most beautiful tops I've seen. I'd almost consider swapping out my 4 LPs for it (almost, but not quite). Neck wasn't too fat but certainly wasn't a Classic or 60s speed neck.

But the beat up SL1 with that fast racey neck (thinner than my Bengal 2005 SL2H) and beautiful ebony and MOP sharkies just gets my blood flowing. Some hack had replaced the pickups. Looked like a J200R in the neck, a 1/4 pounder in the middle, and a Bill Lawrence USA L500XL in the bridge. The bridge pickup wasn't working, but oh how I wanted to play that guitar. I did play the neck and middle, but it just wasn't happening without the bridge.

Comment

Which GC Don?
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

To me what makes a Jackson a Jackson is the ability to pretty much get what you want how you want it. From body styles to the choice of colors to type of wood; if you can dream it the pretty much will build it. I am new to the forum and have been trolling around looking at the custom builds that people here have gotten and im quite impressed at the awesome details that have gone into alot of the guitars that I have seen. They are as unique as the indivdual who owns them and they are like pieces of art IMHO. They are a quality guitars, unique, well build and the craftsmanship is second to none; Jackson is like Burger King you can "Have it your way"

Comment

As an 80's guy on these topics I'm on the neck-thru primarily. It's gotta be a fast profile neck w/original pointy, and it's going to sound a little "compressed" no matter what pups are in it. Guitar tops need to be flat IMHO but that's a little negotiable. It has to make a statement visually.

Bolt-Ons are "out" for me, but I'm a purist that way. If it's a USA bolt-on (to me) it's a Charvie w/ a different decal. Still valid, but to me a 1988 Bolt-On Dinky is a naturally-evolved Charvel. But that's me.
                              Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                              98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
                              X