No announcement yet.

What makes a Jackson a JACKSON?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA Jacksons have a totally unique neck profile, and that's what makes Jackson for me. Other companies (ESP...) have copied all the other formerly unique features of Jacksons, but that neck profile is still alone for me.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Which GC Don?
      Nashville. Still working down here, still live in Cinci, still drive by you twice a week

Comment

It's the name on the headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
          USA Jacksons have a totally unique neck profile, and that's what makes Jackson for me. Other companies (ESP...) have copied all the other formerly unique features of Jacksons, but that neck profile is still alone for me.
          Agreed. I have two real ESP's, and M-1 Custom from 1989 and a Horizon with Jackson headstock from 1988. The M-1 hasn't been painted yet, and I'm tempted to have the neck shaved down to a Jackson profile.

The 2005 SL2H I have is ok, but damn that 1991 Snakeskin I tried at GC was awesome. It was one of those when they carved the neck heel on soloist for just a few years.

Comment

The pointy and the label always bring a smile. However, the first time I held my Jackson, saw the custom paint job, felt the smooth maple neck and then hit a chord through a Marshall with the Full Shred...instant dirty shorts. The way the frequencies vibrate through the wood...make me smile. The power of a Jackson is intense. Mine is an '88 USA and other than another Jackson, there is no competition. Also, Jackson owners seem to be treated differently when they tell others they own one (mostly in a positive way). The name in itself is legendary. Kinda dragged on...;-)
            Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Well regarding the neck-throughs the piece of body wood they slap on the back of the neck blank is pretty exclusive to Jackson

Comment

The whole chalupa!

It's not one thing that makes a Jackson a Jackson, it's several things. It's the sum of it's parts. It's how it's constructed. It's the feel. It's the tone. It's the flash. It's how the end user uses, abuses, modifies and ultimately loves his or her Jackson guitar.
                Last edited by Tekky; 01-05-2010, 05:06 PM.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

More than anything (in my opinion), it is the neck profiles and the compound radius.
                  Secondary but notable above Ibby, ESP etc. is the tone.
                  Body wood, quality of assembly make Jacksons resonate in a good way.
                  The stock pickups from the 80's were outstanding as well.

Comment

probably wood
                    I love guitars, Always have and always will.

Comment

The serial number?
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

the manufacturer
                        JvicE

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                          The whole chalupa!

It's not one thing that makes a Jackson a Jackson, it's several things. It's the sum of it's parts. It's how it's constructed. It's the feel. It's the tone. It's the flash. It's how the end user uses, abuses, modifies and ultimately loves his or her Jackson guitar.
                          Agreed. There should be a word for that... Jacksonicity?

Comment

its the freedom to do what ever you want with it ,giving it another paintjob or airbrush ,other pickups even a simple sticker or drawing.
                            it will still play great (possebly)look better for you and its still a JACKSON
                            not like some fender, gibson gitaars that have to stay new or "vintage"
                            so for me its freedom and statement you will get!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
                              As an 80's guy on these topics I'm on the neck-thru primarily. It's gotta be a fast profile neck w/original pointy, and it's going to sound a little "compressed" no matter what pups are in it. Guitar tops need to be flat IMHO but that's a little negotiable. It has to make a statement visually.

Bolt-Ons are "out" for me, but I'm a purist that way. If it's a USA bolt-on (to me) it's a Charvie w/ a different decal. Still valid, but to me a 1988 Bolt-On Dinky is a naturally-evolved Charvel. But that's me.
                              Couldn't said it better myself.. Now please excuse me while I post more photos of my '84 SD in the other thread! :-)

Comment

its the total package -not just the individual components.

Its not just the wood, neck , fretboard, electronics, vibe, tone etc

its the total package
                                2011 USA Jackson Soloist
                                2007 USA Jackson Soloist
                                2007 USA BC Rich Warlock
                                2009 Edwards ECY 165
                                2009 Schecter Hellraiser
                                2006 USA BC Rich Wave
                                2012 Gibson LP Trad
                                1981 USA BC Rich Mockingbird

Comment

Working...
                                X