No announcement yet.

Thought I was gonna score yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I was gonna score yesterday...

Guitar-wise, that is. Todd Staples calls me and says he just got word that there was a Charvel pointy head strat type guitar at a local store with a bullseye paintjob for $250. Needless to say I was out the door and there post haste!

Well, it was a pointy head bullseye, allright. An Indian one! I've never seen one. Wide dots at the twelveth fret, maple board, reverse pointy head with the small gold SD looking decal, two hums, a three way and a Schaller copy. Also a real nice series of cracks at the nut area on the back of the neck.

In spite of it being a cheap guitar with crap components and gaps around the neck pocket you could drive through, it played pretty darn good. If it wasn't for the cracks in the neck, I would have been tempted to give them a lowball offer just to see if they'd take it.

From twenty paces, it looks baddazz!

Re: Thought I was gonna score yesterday...

Man, you should of had bought and sold it to some poor kid as a REAL(MIA that is) Charvel Bullseye. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It is MIA...

Made In Asia..
      [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Were those India rigs made with solid wood bodies or plywood planks??

Comment

Those were actually pretty good players. That's what my Star was. There was something about the neck, though; Like it was fluctuating as you played, I don't know exactly.
          Anyway, they probably could use a new neck. The pickups kick ASS! The trem ain't too bad either, but it could be better.
          I do think the bodies were solid, though.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think someone on this board has one of those import bullseyes. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I remember reading a post and seeing a pic of one not too long ago.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Mountain Dog had one of those...probably in better condition too.

Comment

made in india ? weird man I never heard of anything with grafics from there ? weird ! //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                  Guitar-wise, that is. Todd Staples calls me and says he just got word that there was a Charvel pointy head strat type guitar at a local store with a bullseye paintjob for $250. Needless to say I was out the door and there post haste!

Well, it was a pointy head bullseye, allright. An Indian one! I've never seen one. Wide dots at the twelveth fret, maple board, reverse pointy head with the small gold SD looking decal, two hums, a three way and a Schaller copy. Also a real nice series of cracks at the nut area on the back of the neck.

In spite of it being a cheap guitar with crap components and gaps around the neck pocket you could drive through, it played pretty darn good. If it wasn't for the cracks in the neck, I would have been tempted to give them a lowball offer just to see if they'd take it.

From twenty paces, it looks baddazz!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah the crap fake schaller sucks hey ? horrible trem ! //Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X