No announcement yet.

Chrome JT-6 rare?, Also ontario trade..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome JT-6 rare?, Also ontario trade..

Hey all,
    I just picked up a chrome JT-6 on a guitar I got in trade, I hadn't seen one in before.Kinda weird looking to me. Any idea how many were made?
    Just wondering if it is good trade bait or not as I really dont care for playing JT-6's.

In another deal I was offered a 3XXX s/n ontario jackson with ebony board and sharkies, 2 hum, 1 Vol, + Schaller Floyd.
    Dont have pix yet, but I did check it out in person. In good shape beside some cracks in the ebony board
    I'm Guessing an '89.. is $500 too much to give up in trade? Thats what I paid for the gear he wants to trade for.

Im waaay more familiar with the Pro era Jacksons.
    Thanks for any help....JCF rules

There aren't many chrome JT6s around, but they're not generally considered desirable, so rare won't neccesarily mean cool or desireable

I'd say $500 is pretty good for any original US Jackson assuming the overall condition is decent. Depending on the colour, I'd say that anything with a Schaller floyd and sharkfins has to be a good thing for that price.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks, never saw a chrome one so I didnt know if it was worth keeping as I dont really like JT-6's

The ontario is a blue/gray snakeskin , Few dings in body, few cracks in ebony board up past 12th fret, not much fret wear. Someone did put an EMG in bridge. Comes with "original" case but I did not see it. I might have to bite , Either way I will get pics

Comment

Any chance we can see some pics of the chrome jt-6?

edit: duh, I guess you're working on that : )

Comment

Is the Jackson you are being offered for $500 in trade a bolt on? Is it a strat shape or a dinky? Is the neck bound? I'm guessing the cracks run up and down the fretboard, not across?

Comment

I've only seen chrome ones(JT-6) on 275's, and spectrums.
            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Don, its a bolt on dinky, will have pics tomorrow, neck is not bound, ebony board pearl sharkies, 22 fret, cracks are along the legnth of the board from approx 15th to 21st frets, plays well though. Suspect its a 89 from research.

No pics of the JT6 yet as it will be arriving to me this weekend
              Might be able to dig up a phone pic if i look

Comment

The ontario is MINE!!!!
                Came with a metal name plate case and a lot of grunge and rust

I think she'll clean up nicely, Had to rewire the whole thing as someone put in an EMG so back to passive and a duncan TB4 for now.
                I have the correct p/u in another guitar. But, after all that cleaning and setup work, It will have to go in another day.

I will take pics after work tomorrow,Probably start a NGD thread with all the details. Was too jazzed to take before shots.

Passed on the JT-6 though..... couldnt afford both axes

Comment

Pics and Info up at:

Comment

Working...
                  X