Show your zebra pickup Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show your zebra pickup Jacksons

I recently won a Washburn WG587 from the Bay on the WICKED cheap. It was stripped out, so I bought some zebra pickups and they look badass. I want to see what Jacksons look like with zebras.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

not all jacksons

Comment

Charvel:

Creamy Slimer:

Jackson:

SLS3 with dual 59s:

SLS Custom with JB/59 Hybrids (JB black coils, 59 Cream coils):
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I like seeing the variation of the creme not always on the outside, as well as the bezel not always being creme.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Here's a KE2T I used to own.

Comment

zebra's definately belong on more on the trans. wood finishes. white aint bad either.
            DK2 EERIE DESS
            KE3 CUSTOM
            KELLY PROFESSIONAL
            KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
            RR3 PRO
            BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
            KRAMER VOYAGER
            LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
            TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post

thats beautiful, shoulda kept it or sold it to me.
              DK2 EERIE DESS
              KE3 CUSTOM
              KELLY PROFESSIONAL
              KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
              RR3 PRO
              BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
              KRAMER VOYAGER
              LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
              TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

The Buzzard does not fear
                The man in riot gear
                Harvest a skull of stone
                The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  Charvel:

Creamy Slimer:

Jackson:

SLS3 with dual 59s:

Just noticed this -
                  Your the Man! That orange flame maple SL3 screams! It must be hot sounding with the p/u's wired directly to output and no volume or tone.
                  http://www.myspace.com/dannyjoecarterband
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/dannyjoecarter

Comment

It originally came with EMGs, so I had to replace the pots. Unfortunately, the holes were routed for the pots that came with, which were very skinny. I coulda put push/pulls on it, but the TripleShots take care of that.

I ordered some replacement pots with skinny shafts, but they're too short

So it's got push/pulls in it that don't do anything
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

And I'm gonna count this one, even though it's a Charvel:

Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

My old RR mutt with green/black Duncan Invaders, all I have left of this one is the body now...

I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post

Correction, you should've sold it to me. Another member here once offered me a similar TB KE2T, but I didn't have enough to get it at the time.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            Charvel:

how do you like the pickups??? was it a custom shop order? are they thicker/ballsier sounding than straight-up JB's?
                            Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

The pickups rock. I'm not a fan of the JB in the bridge, but I do like it in the neck. I might swap these two around so the JB coils are on the outside, as the neck seems to be a bit brighter than the bridge.

I modded these myself after reading how to do it at the Duncan forum.

Only way I can think of describing the tone of the pickups is "more PAF-ish than a JB, and more JB-ish than a 59"
                              Definitely thicker/ballsier than a standard JB.

My impression of the normal JB tone is no balls and choked potential - like it's always on the verge of kicking ass, but never gets there. Like that gif of the chick cutting her shirt open and it loops just before the reveal.

To me, the 59 coils give the JB coils what they were missing.

Comment

Working...
                              X