Jackson Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stars

There are few nice looking Jackson Stars on e-bay currently. How the 2007/2008 Jackson Stars Soloist compare quality and materialwise with the 1990s Soloist Pros?

Thanks

Excellently.

Same factory, should be same components. Some of the early 90s Pros body were poplar, so these later model Stars may have better woods, too. Do the auctions state body wood?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I was looking at those too. I think they said they're alder. They look fucking amazing! I want one!! Too bad I'm poor.
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

The higher end Jackson Stars are, in my opinion, as good as the old pros.

Most of the specs are in English on the jackson stars website. TN-02s have alder wings, striped ebony boards, silk-screened logos, MOTO inlays and come with a soft-case. TN-01s have mahogany wings, ebony boards, MOP logo & inlays, and come with a hard-case.

Jackson Stars are becoming plain old Jackson in Japan, as reported by Quantumrider and can be seen on the website, so they're selling off the Jackson Stars at discount. Quantumrider seemed to think they might kill the Jackson Stars line and making it mirror the USA line, but I've seen some of the limited edition "Jackson Stars" TN-02s appear with a Jackson logo, so maybe there's hope yet. For example

Comment

I got a good deal on a SL-TN02 second-hand from Ishibashi. It has just MOTO inlays etc, but with binding (which has yellowed quite a lot - previous smoker?). I am pretty happy with it. It is a nice player with a thin neck (closer in spec to my Charvel Fusion than a USA soloist). The fret-work is great as usual and it does the business. I can only the imagine the 01's are even better (shame they didn't do a string-thru). As ken says, it would be good if they kept a certain amount of different models for the Japanese market.

Comment

I picked up an SL-TN01 that Ikebe was blowing out a couple of weeks ago. Have been a little too busy to post a NGD thread, but will do so soon!

Originally posted by ken
            Jackson Stars are becoming plain old Jackson in Japan, as reported by Quantumrider and can be seen on the website, so they're selling off the Jackson Stars at discount. Quantumrider seemed to think they might kill the Jackson Stars line and making it mirror the USA line, but I've seen some of the limited edition "Jackson Stars" TN-02s appear with a Jackson logo, so maybe there's hope yet.
            In view of the fact that the quality of the "Jackson Professional" was causing import sales to cut into USA sales back in the 90's, I don't think that FMIC will let the Japanese factory make upper end models any more.

I've seen a couple of upper end models with Jackson logos on digimart, but the descriptions say that the logos were redone at the factory, which leads me to believe that the TN-02's with the Jackson logos will probably be on sale until they run out of TN02's to change the logos on.

Of course, as I missed going to the Musical Instrument Fair this past November and didn't get to talk to the guys at the Jackson booth, it's all conjecture...
            Last edited by QuantumRider; 01-17-2010, 11:42 PM.
            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
              In view of the fact that the quality of the "Jackson Professional" was causing import sales to cut into USA sales back in the 90's, I don't think that FMIC will let the Japanese factory make upper end models any more.
              That'd suck...

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
              I've seen a couple of upper end models with Jackson logos on digimart, but the descriptions say that the logos were redone at the factory, which leads me to believe that the TN-02's with the Jackson logos will probably be on sale until they run out of TN02's to change the logos on.
              ... and that would make sense.

Without wanting to be rude, fingers crossed that your conjecture is wrong. Looking forwards to seeing you NGD thread.

Comment

Working...
              X