• A question-Taking my gears on board

I want to take my guitar and amp on board, but they are heavier than the

limit, and the guitar is longer than the limit. Does someone know how to

take these gears on board? Or does somesone know which airline allow you

to take these things with you? By the way, I am in UK, the destination

is Beijing.

Many thanks!!!

Re: A question-Taking my gears on board

I've taken my fender strat onboard twice and the case fits in the over head storage. But as for the amp, i dont know how big it is. Its better to pack both really well just incase they have to put them with the other luggage. But call them before you go and tell them to reserve room for your guitar somewhere on board because its a delicate instrument.

Comment

Thanks. I've got a small quesiton: can I take both my guitar and laptop? Because according to most airline companies, each person can only take one thing on board.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=17;t=001438

What's with the double post? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by seventhsign:
          Thanks. I've got a small quesiton: can I take both my guitar and laptop? Because according to most airline companies, each person can only take one thing on board.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You could take a deluxe gig bag with a large pouch that could possibly fit your laptop. I had a deluxe gig bag that could fit a spiral notebook and a bound ring binder.. it could probably fit a small laptop as well and be stowed in the overhead.

[ June 16, 2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

What's with the double post?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He actually posted it 3 times [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd doubt you can take two guitars, unless you have one of those double guitar gig bags by fender, and they only think its one guitar. But if they do let you take 1 guitar, i dont see why they wont let you bring your laptop, i mean, you could always keep it on your lap or under the seat.
              BTW is it even neccesary to bring both guitars?

Comment

Sorry, i read your post wrong, i thought you said "both my guitars" as in 2 guitars onboard.

Comment

I REALLY appreciate all of you with so many worthful suggestions! I will note them down and compare and contrast in my situation.
                  I will fnish my study in UK and go back to China with the guitar and the 15W practice amp, so it will be a permanent travel. Because I will go with my girlfriend, I plan to do like the following:

I carry my guitar on board, and put it in the overhead within my sight. Of course I won't sleep during the whole trip. Here, my carry-on won't be heavier than 8kg.
                  Since a female is allowed to carry another bag on board, I will put my laptop and her laptop in her backpack. Both laptop weight 5 kg. She also carries the small amp. The amp is within most airlines' dimension limit. It weights 7.2 kg. So her total carry-on surely exceed 8 kg.
                  The question is if we tell the stuff in the checkin desk that we go together, can the total weight be shared by we two?

(By the way, when you read my post, can you feel I come from a non-English-speaking country?)

Comment

I also add this post in
                    http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=17;t=001438

Comment

(By the way, when you read my post, can you feel I come from a non-English-speaking country?)
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The last line should be "us two" instead of "we two", other than that you're fine. I dont know about the weight being shared question though.

[ June 17, 2003, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Gpops ]

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X