DK-1 VS. SL2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK-1 VS. SL2H

Why would a DK-1 cost more Than a SL-2H? I thought that a SL-2H was pretty much the top-o-line. What are the differences. From what I can tell a DK-1 is a bolt on.
    Thanks

Re: DK-1 VS. SL2H

If i can recall, a sl2h is $60 more than a dk-1. They are pretty much the same thing except the dk-1 has Emgs and its neck is oiled and slimmer(bolt on) than a sl2h.

[ June 16, 2003, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Gpops ]

Comment

Depends on where you shop, and the features. Soloists sell more, hence they are more popular, hence they are usually priced higher.
      Plus, a lot of stores try to capitalize on the myth that neck-through guitars are somehow better, or that bolt ons are inferior.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I dont think they are better, but just different, right? I prefer a neck-through, but others prefer bolt on. What types of things do these people say to convince people they are better?

Comment

I just had a .com company quote me 1 of each and the dk-1 was $300 more. but there some variables i left out.
          1. these were for lefty's, so maybe the sl2h was in stock and the dk1 had to be ordered so it was more.
          2. the dk-1 had graphics and the sl2h was a solid color.

Its really no biggy to me. I already ordered a lefty Lightnin sky sl2h in April,(and I'm still waiting for it) but i was just curious. I thought I bought the cream of the crop in a SL-2H. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

2. the dk-1 had graphics and the sl2h was a solid color.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There is your answer.

Matt

Comment

So if they had same options, they cost about the same???????

Comment

interesting....you'd think the bolt ons would be alot cheaper. Seems like it would be alot less work to make one. I cant imagine those pickups make up for the 1 piece cost.

Comment

If the DK1 had Duncans, it would be bit cheaper, but the EMG's bring the price closer to the SL2H.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Toby:
                    List prices on the Jackson website:
                    DK1 starts at $ 206999
                    SL1/SL2H starts at $ 2124.99
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WOW! You could buy 97 Soloists for the price of that (gold-plated?) Dinky! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Toby:
                      List prices on the Jackson website:
                      DK1 starts at $ 206999
                      SL1/SL2H starts at $ 2124.99
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WOW! You could buy 97 Soloists for the price of that (gold-plated?) Dinky! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">With graphics

Comment

In England, Both DK1`s and SL2H`s are the same price as each other starting with solid finishes at £1699 going up to the Graphics at £1999. Lefties are £100 extra.

Steve

Comment

Yes, graphics, EMGs, certain hardware options (gold instead of black or chrome) and availability affect the price. A 5A Flametop SL in stock will generally be cheaper than a graphic'd/EMG'd/optioned DK-1 that has to be ordered, even if it's less than $100.

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeh, except the sl2h might be a little more cuz its neck-thru.

Comment

They probably would be around the same price, considering the DK1 has EMG pickups which cost more than the Duncans anyway. Though, I would think the DK1 should be maybe a tiny bit cheaper since it's a bolt-on neck and not as labor-intensive to make a neck-thru.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X