X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Week is up ..answers due by midnight July 3rd

Winner will be announced on the 4th

[ June 29, 2003, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: KMaynard ]
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Re: Final Week is up ..answers due by midnight July 3rd

I never could guess #3 and #4, so I'm out of the running for real this time. =P

I don't recognise #5 yet, but I had #6 on the third listen. =)

Good luck to all who are still in. =)

'bane

Comment

My suggestion is to try anyway .. it's tough to know if anyone will get all 6 ...or even all 8 so give it a shot ..
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yeah, take a wild guess - I just guessed that #4 from last week was People Get Ready from Jeff Beck/Rod Stewart, based solely on the melody, and I was right [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Though I didn't get the album name (as it was a wild guess to beat the buzzer), so what do I get, like a half a point? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, clip #6 is WAY loud, guys. I've got my EQ in WinAmp off, and the volume is not cranked, and it's redlining the bass.

Clip #5 is, again, too short. It could be Korn for all I know [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I know Billy Squire didn't play a C or J, but this one also sounds like "My Kinda Lover" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Man, that must be the most-used chord in rock [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Who posted these; Greg? Jeremy? Curt?

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] curt hasn't been an admin in almost a year...i can guarantee he didn't post them! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

this week's clips come courtesy of jeremy "taco boy" wagner. well....i kinda helped with one of them. it'll be very very very tricky, and you'll have to know your shizzle.

sully

[ June 16, 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Wow, I just listened to #6 on my desktop (better speakers) and I can honestly say it sounds like crap [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Seriously, though, it sounds less like a guitar and more like a Hammond B3 through a Marshall [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

This weeks clips are far too short and far too obscure. Give us a break.

Comment

Did great last week. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Clueless this week. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm just "playing along" though, so no harm no foul.

Comment

Hey, origonally, they were 3 and 4 seconds and I got yelled at, so it aint me haha.

Comment

Geez .. it's not supposed to be easy ... it's supposed to be a challenge .. if we had left them as long as they were then respective fans of those bands would have known right away ..

Comment

But seriously how can one get an accurate sampling of the tone in question when it's such a short clip? I'm sure you understand that not everyone here listened/listens to Dokken, RATT, or even Jake-era Ozzy, so to throw in a REALLY obscure band like Phantom Blue (1990 catalog) with a split-second clip that is practically indestinguishable from a similar-length clip from even a popular band like Savatage (neither of which I listened to) kinda diminishes the "artist's tone" angle.
                      And no, I'm not concerned with winning a DX10 [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm just trying to keep it fair and open for everyone. If you get too obscure you alienate the majority of members, and then what's their incentive for participating?

Newc

Comment

Actually Sully is probably going to redo those clips

Comment

clips are redone. feel free to resubmit your guesses. good luck!

sully
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Ok, I 'm a loser. Where are the clips to be found. thx

Comment

click the DX10.

sully
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X