Registering Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering Guitar

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller. Anyone know if you can register your Jackson's serial number? I checked the Jackson website but couldn't find anything of the sort. I'm thinking it would be cool to have a respository of serial numbers (perhaps photos too?). That way stolen, franken-fied, or fake copy guitars could be identified. Maybe I'm just acting like an overprotective new parent. I do love my very recently acquired (minty used) ggf sl2h - all these years of Les Pauls, and to think what I've been missing!
    Last edited by So.CA; 01-22-2010, 03:30 AM.

My latest acquisition, an '89 soloist came with the hand tags and the warrant card to register the guitar with the manufacturer. I would assume the USA models still come with this card. I'm not sure about the imports.

Comment

There's a thread or two around here for those who wish to submit their serials and such to a huge logfile of such info.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My Jackson USA was purchased used, and didn't have the hangtag - but I will search the forums for serial registration information. Thanks for the replies, my initial search for serial registration were unfruitful.

Comment

There are a couple members here who track serial numbers, but there is nothing official from Jackson AFAIK.
          Scott

Comment

Are we talking about registering for purposes of the warranty or for purposes of posterity?

Comment

Working...
            X