Are there any places who sell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any places who sell...

...after market cavity covers? I pickup up a Washburn WG587, stripped of most of the parts, including the cavity cover. So I would like to get one for it as opposed to having all the wires hanging out.

Thanks.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

I have a Series 10 bass with no cover. Let me know, but my guess is that since every cover is a different shape, the chances are slim to none.

Comment

Ya... I did some online research and kept coming up empty. A couple of them told me how to make my own, but I am too dumb and impatient.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I need a couple of covers too. One for a Kramer Focus 4000 RR clone and another for a Warmoth explorer. I've been scouring Ebay for several years but haven't scored one yet. I also did some research and it appears that unless you want to make one yourself, the best bet is to contact someone like Budman for a custom part ( http://www.fretsonthenet.com/ ).

Comment

Make 'em.

They are really easy to make, and cheap too.

1) Get some flat plastic stock from Stew Mac...or find some brushed aluminum if you're feeling adventurous.

2) Cover the open cavity with masking tape (overlapped strips if necessary), doesn't have to be pretty, just covered.

3) Very carefully use an Exacto blade to cut the tape around the cavity shape.

4) Attach the cavity shaped tape template to the flat plastic and trace the shape with a pencil on the plastic.

5) Cut the plastic around your pencil trace, then file/sand edges to finish it nicely.

6) Drill Screw holes.

7) Install new plate.
          Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 01-24-2010, 05:30 PM.
          Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
            They are really easy to make, and cheap too.

1) Get some flat plastic stock from Stew Mac...or find some brushed aluminum if you're feeling adventurous.

2) Cover the open cavity with masking tape (overlapped strips if necessary), doesn't have to be pretty, just covered.

3) Very carefully use an Exacto blade to cut the tape around the cavity shape.

4) Attach the cavity shaped tape template to the flat plastic and trace the shape with a pencil on the plastic.

5) Cut the plastic around your pencil trace, then file/sand edges to finish it nicely.

6) Drill Screw holes.

7) Install new plate.
            I actually had a hunk of the necessary material. I used my Japanese pull saw to try to shape it and ended up ripping half the teeth off it, lol.

Comment

Working...
            X