No announcement yet.

Plz help, not normal serial #'s on RR!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plz help, not normal serial #'s on RR!!

I have a beautiful what I believe to be RR V. With the exception of "Jackson" on the head stock there are only the serial #'s 032300 stamped on the fretboard. I got the guitar in '02, has all gold hardware and plays incredibly and is a neck-thru with the Seymour's.

No chance it is any kind of copy, played many, many great guitars and this is one of them.

Does any one have any idea about this guitar, when made and where and is it an RR or what???
    Last edited by guitar6; 01-24-2010, 04:47 PM.

Either a refinned RR5 or a special run RR5. Might even be a regular run of the mill RR5; I'm just not familiar with them in black. Usually I see them in white with black pin stripes.

Either way, it's MIJ with a rosewood fretboard and MOTO sharkies and lack of binding.

And regarding the serial numbers: That might be the correct serial number for a non-USA model.
    Last edited by DonP; 01-24-2010, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Need more/better pictures, but it looks like a black RR5 to me, which is an import. nothing wrong at all with that, but the serial you're listing also would be one of an import.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

RR5 which is made in Japan. Serial # corresponds to a MIJ neckthrough from 2003.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nothing is wrong with the serial.

Comment

here are more pics.......

Last edited by guitar6; 01-24-2010, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Yup, stock RR5.
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                    X