Charvel guitar part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel guitar part

I have the guitar listed above. I am having a problem with the cable jack. I also need to replace the plastic square piece that the jack sits on, that is screwed onto the guitar. Does anyone know where I can get these two parts? Also, how much is this guitar worth?

Any music store has the parts, and 200.00
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Whats wrong with the "cable jack" actually called the output jack, And the square thingy is the Jack plate.

Comment

huh huh huh....thingies....
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

When plugged in, I only intermittantly get sound through the amp.Then if I wobble the cable, it will get scratchy sounds and intermittantly go on and off again. IS there a fix for this?

Comment

Check your wiring :idea:

Comment

It sounds like you should just take it to a tech.

Comment

Get a hacksaw and a sledgehammer, and repeatedly beat/cut the crap out of your guitar until it works.
                As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

Sounds like a bad ground or hot wire on the input jack.
                  Take the 4 (four)screws out of the jack plate pull it out and look at the wires.
                  Resolder if there are broken wires.
                  Value of the guitar maybe $200.00 if you have the original case.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i'd give you 120$ for it as is and take it off your hands

Comment

Have ya tried another cable? It could be the cable is bad. If it's not the cable its probably the ground wire on the jack as started to come loose. Just solder it back on if thats the case. If the wires look good. IT could be oxidation on the contacts ob the jack. Try spraying some Deoxit ,wd40 or contact cleaner on it and see if it clears it up.
                      Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Frodge View Post
                        http://img211.imageshack.us/i/im0009345bg.jpg/

I have the guitar listed above. I am having a problem with the cable jack. I also need to replace the plastic square piece that the jack sits on, that is screwed onto the guitar. Does anyone know where I can get these two parts? Also, how much is this guitar worth?
                        Cool looking guitar! I forgot they made those.
                        As for the repair, like bootleg said, I'd take it to a tech. If your not experienced with a solding iron you could get burnt and on top of that you could get a cold solder joint and it won't work anyway. I would guess any tech worth his salt would do that for you for around $45.00. Call around locally and check it out - good luck!
                        http://www.myspace.com/dannyjoecarterband
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/dannyjoecarter

Comment

Working...
                        X