Charvel Stealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Stealth

Hello all - I am new to this forum but I thought is anyone could help me it would be here. I acquired a charvel guitar but I can not find out what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The serial number is a six digit number starting with 3xxxxx. I was told it is a 1992 model. I saw a pic of one but the specs were in Russian and translated funny.

Thank you for any help,

AV

looks like a mutt to me. Possibly a 375 neck on a Jackson Stealth body. The 3xxxxx serial seems like it would match the neck. Have you had the neck off it to check the heel & rout for markings?
    Last edited by VitaminG; 01-30-2010, 08:13 PM.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yup, as far as I know, there weren't any Stealths made under the Charvel brand - they should all be Jacksons. I would guess that someone broke the original neck and put a Charvel neck on there in its place. Have you checked so it intonates properly?

Comment

Didn't get a chance to pull the neck yet. That is the same thing I thought looking at the old catalogs. The other "Charvel stealth" I saw had shark tooth inlays and a reverse head. It was also a quilted top so I thought it was just a later model. I am going to list it up forsale and want to make sure I am not giving false info.

The intonation is really good and action is about 2/32 off the 12th fret. The pickups setup is why I got it. The SD dime humbucker and SD lil 59' with the coil tap off the volume. Only thing that does work for me is the side input and my AKG wireless bug.

Thank you your fast responce!

AV

Comment

I want your HM Strat. I've always dug those things.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

The one behind it is one also but has a rosewood fret board....and one more in the closet. Best playing guitars in my collection and I just played out with them last night.

AV

Comment

Originally posted by AV06 View Post
              Hello all - I am new to this forum but I thought is anyone could help me it would be here. I acquired a charvel guitar but I can not find out what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The serial number is a six digit number starting with 3xxxxx. I was told it is a 1992 model. I saw a pic of one but the specs were in Russian and translated funny.

Thank you for any help,

AV
              Welcome to the forum!
              From what I've learned on this forum is that the Stealth had an incredibly thin neck ( 17mm like an RG wizard ) and that it was only available with the Jackson logo so like mentioned earlier it could be a mutt.
              But still a fun mutt to have!
              http://www.myspace.com/dannyjoecarterband
              http://www.youtube.com/user/dannyjoecarter

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                I want your HM Strat. I've always dug those things.
                +1

We'll kick his ass and take his strats

Seriously, I have a salmon pink one with maple (Greg Howe style?) and think it's one of the uglyist things, but it sounds and plays incredible. I'm fighting myself all the time about refinishing it.

This is the only HM Strat I've ever played, and I'm very curious if they all sound this good or if mine is a fluke.

Anyway, if you feel the need, post some pics of the HM Strats in the Other Guitars forum.

Comment

I saw that on the local Craigslist, you got a killer deal!
                  "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Working...
                  X