Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firecrackle Charvel

I'm new to the site and have had this Firecrackle Charvel/Jackson
    for 10 years and don't know what model, yr, or where it was made.
    I know that I love playing it when I can.
    Could someone help me out?

http://s795.photobucket.com/albums/y...view=slideshow

Charvel model 3dr-7 circa 88, made in japan(honestly if my memory serves me correctly, when I researched mine I found it only to be made in 88, but you know how the net is with its abounding misinformation)
    see my post in the "import charvel" threads " "3dr-7"
    theres a pic with me playing the guitar
    any chance you want to sell it???
    Last edited by Twitch; 01-31-2010, 12:57 AM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Thanks for your help! Great picture of you playing a Firecrackle After reading through the posts about the model name being under the neck I removed mine and it says 3DR-11.
      The 11 must be options that were installed? I don't know if I want to sell it yet, don't need to and it is really nice to play. If I do I will post on here first.

Comment

Good way to get banned, soliciting to buy without being a platium member.

Comment

Rich #6. You could have PM'd him without highjacking my thread and being a ASS about it.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Comment

Rich #6. You could have PM'd him without highjacking my thread and being a ASS about it.

Enjoy your Sunday.
            How was I being as ASS?? being an ass would be more like hey asshole don't you read the fucking rules.

Comment

Anyway ... cool guitar. I've always loved the firecrackle finish.
              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Ass hole would have been to assume I was serious in my offer and bust my balls over it , gee, good thing you called my bluff!!! Just let the mods do their jobs.

Comment

The model is just called a Model 3DR. DR stands for Dinky Reverse. The extra "-7" or "-11" must be a batch number or something like that. Here's the only catalog scan I know of for the 3DR. I think it's from a supplemental flyer for late '88:

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....560&fullsize=1

Comment

thats awesome where did you find that tidbit?? anyhow i was always told the 7 on mine was cause it had a neck from a model 7

Comment

Model 7s did have a reverse headstock, but as far as I know, they all had maple fretboards and 3DRs all had rosewood. The first time I heard about a neck stamped with "3DR-7", I thought it might have to do with both of those models having reverse headstocks, but now hearing about this one with "3DR-11", I think it must mean something else.

Comment

but as far as I know, they all had maple fretboards
                        I saw in an old thread that rosewood was an option for the model 7

Comment

I saw that mentioned in the thread linked in the other 3DR thread, but I've never seen one with rosewood. There were rosewood boards on some of the Legends, which were the toothpaste-logo teles that came after the Model 7, but I'm almost positive they only used maple on the Model 7.

Comment

The firecrackles were an 88 year only thing.
                            I had a very late model 7 tele and it had a rosewood board and small toothpase logo.
                            Transparent TSB in color with body binding/ash body.Very nice guitar.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Could the "7 or 11" mean the color of the finish? or Batch number?
                              Nice guitar. I've always loved the fire crackle. I still wanna find a model 5A in fire crackle.
                              Gil

Comment

Working...
                              X