Floyd Rose speedloader system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose speedloader system

Has anyone here seen a FR Speedloader on a Jackson guitar ?
    If yes, do you mind putting up a photo?

I've only ever seen them on B.C. Rich's, once I saw some guy who replaced his Ibanez Edge for a Speedloader. Never understood them.

Comment

They are cool... on paper. Were popular on the BC rich NJ series for 2 or 3 years, then were discontinued on the NJs. FR still sells them, but the problem is no one makes strings for the except Floyd and if you don't like the feel of them or anything, then you're fucked. Sure it takes less time to change the string, but the unit is the same and in my experience regardless of replacing a string with the same gauge, no two strings have exact tension, so you would still need to readjust the string/spring tension a little bit to have perfect tuning and that's the whole point to having a floyd rose. To have a bridge that can sustain a daily beating and retain perfect tuning. So again, good on paper, but in practice i find it more impractical than it puts out to be.

As far as switching out my Original Edge or a Lo pro for one, i'd have to be crazy. Those are without a doubt the best locking bridges in existence.

What the hell is up with your moniker lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
        They are cool... on paper. Were popular on the BC rich NJ series for 2 or 3 years, then were discontinued on the NJs. FR still sells them, but the problem is no one makes strings for the except Floyd and if you don't like the feel of them or anything, then you're fucked. Sure it takes less time to change the string, but the unit is the same and in my experience regardless of replacing a string with the same gauge, no two strings have exact tension, so you would still need to readjust the string/spring tension a little bit to have perfect tuning and that's the whole point to having a floyd rose. To have a bridge that can sustain a daily beating and retain perfect tuning. So again, good on paper, but in practice i find it more impractical than it puts out to be.

As far as switching out my Original Edge or a Lo pro for one, i'd have to be crazy. Those are without a doubt the best locking bridges in existence.

So far, the response has been great. Everybody loves it.
        The only trouble is the cost of the strings.
        One reason I like to go for it is the custom shop I'm doing; since I wanted the Rev. head I decided to go with SL. I HATE those keys on the Rev. headstock. They make it look like a shoe or something.
        Anyhow, there should be one, if not I'll be the first to try it, right? Makes it even kewler.

Comment

+ infinity
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

here's one from page 2 of the Show your USA Soloists thread:

Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              here's one from page 2 of the Show your USA Soloists thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=95521&page=2
              That's a sweet one. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

[QUOTE=VitaminG;1319081]here's one from page 2 of the Show your USA Soloists thread:

There's so much room in the head, I'd go nuts with that.
                He should've got that TR cover in orange too.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                  + infinity
                  Wut

Comment

Perception would dictate that he either has a below average size johnson or has never been laid.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                      Perception would dictate that he either has a below average size johnson or has never been laid.

OOooor. He's a Cannibal Corpse fan which would be my guess.
                      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

And they're the small willied virgins?

Comment

Floyd Rose arranged with the Custom Shop to make the guitar for the 2004 NAMM show to showcase the Speedloader for Floyd Rose (I think they also made a red one). The picture was on the Floyd website for a while. My guitar is the same in the pic (you can compare the flame pattern), the color looks different due to lighting when the pics were taken.

Comment

Its going to blow ass when FR stops making strings for them and people cant get strings anymore.
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Stock up now!
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X