help with my new jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with my new jackson

i was at the local music shop today picking up some monitors and there was a used jackson v, and man have i wanted one forever. well i ended up buying it and its in great shape aside from a little chipping on the long fin and head, and when i pick up my carvin friday im dropping it off for a full setup/repair free of charge (the input jack is a lil scratchy too). well anyway i think i got a good deal on it but i really dont know much about the guitar itself so maybe someone here can help me.

the headstock says "Jackson Professional" inlayed into the finish.

white binding on the head and neck

reverse sharkfins

its neckthrough body with a red glittery finish and black trim (not sure if its binding or paint)

it has a black pickguard on it but it looks crooked. i looked at some new ones on the website and the guard follows the bottom fin to the point but mine is pulled back. i have no idea if the guitar has been repainte, ect. but i cant see any flaw where the correct screwhole should be. other than that it appears to be original, same 3 knobs and 3/way.{edit: i got around to takeing off the pickgaurd and it seems the active electronic thingys on the volume and 3/way are the reason it was set in at a slight angle. i didnt even know it had active pup's, are these emg's?}

they floyd is a jackson licensed with jackson stamped on one side and made in germany by shaller on the other. the pickups are solid black with the jackson logo in the corner.

the serial on the fretboard is j001301 but the sn# charts on the jackson website are only for customs and i dont think this is a custom is it?

im trying to get my friends digital camera right now so i can post some pics, i should have them up tonight. if anyone could help me find out any specs on this guitar or when/where it was made id really appriciate it. like i said i think i got a good deal but im afraid to say what i paid till i find out if its really worth anything.

Re: help with my new jackson

Hi Dr!
    You have a Rhoads Pro, a 1990 model made in Japan. The Pro models are neck-through with ebony boards & binding, and are considered on par quality-wise with USA made Jacksons.
    In fact the story goes Jackson discontinued the Pro line around 1993 because they were taking sales from the USA models.
    I'm working on J001226 for JCFer Geir; read about it and check the pics here:
    http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=3;t=000288
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That is a very nice guitar you got your hands on there. The way to tell if the pickups are EMGs is that they will have covers on them, and they will say EMG in the lower right corner of the pickup. I would expect to pay about $500 for what you have there.

Comment

As far as price, since USA Rhoads can be found for 700 +
        I'd say the Pro would be between 350 - 600 depending on condition.

So what'd you pay?

Comment

ok i may have paid a little much for it but i dont think i can bear to take it back now, it sounds great. it came witha hardshell case too by the way if that really makes it worth that much more but probly not.

Comment

A good guitar is worth the price [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

especially if its got mojo [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

well its got plenty of mojo. man im in love with this guitar. thanks for the info on it. does anyone know where i can find any spec sheet on it, im pretty sure its all original but i wouldnt mind knowing things like what kind of wood, specs on the pickups and whatnot. im still trying to get some pics up. thanks for the help.

Comment

Tell me how much you paid first! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd guess the pickups are passive Jacksons with an active preamp (probably J50B/C, but the collectors around here can give you the lowdown on those).

'bane

Comment

ok ok lol. 800$ im ashamed to say, but when he offered it to me there was another guy there that heard him and started following me, waiting for me to set it down lol. and i really had no idea what it was actually worth, he couldnt even tell me what was in it, but i knew a neckthrough with all that top of the line options had to be worth somthing. i mean, have you ever picked up a guitar and know in the first few minutes that it was "that guitar" that youve always wanted. after playing it about 15 hours in 2 and a half days i dont think id take it back if i had been stupid enough to pay twice that much. aside from the paint chips its in great shape, especially considering it could be almost 13 years old now. i finnally got some pics of it up along with all the rest of our gear if anyone wants to see them. they arent great quality but good enough. i took pics of all the damage except where the "s" in jackson is slightly raising up on one side, it wouldnt show up in the pic. if anyone can give me an accurate estimate on the value i plan to at least go give the guy some hell about overcharging me and try to get some store credit or somthing, but he cant have it back > [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] oh and it also came witha slightly damaged, non jackson harshell case. and free setup/intonation and parts/labor for any initial repairs electronic wise when i drop it off friday.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/photocente...num=3110001321

one more thing i was wondering, probly dont exist but maybe someone can make them for me. i was thinking what would look nice is like chrome caps for the fin points and headstock point, if ya know what i mean. it would cover up all the paint flaws that cant be buffed out not to mention proteck the points that always get chipped on these things, and would look sharp with those bevels. has anybody ever seen anything like this?

Comment

p.s. if anyone see's or knows where to get another one of these in good shape for400-600 or so let me know, i think the other guitarist in my band wouldnt mind haveing one now [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats a nice axe, i have no idea what its worth, but its a nice catch [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] , do me a favor and change those pickups [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ June 18, 2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Gpops ]

Comment

aside from being alil noisy i think they sound good? why dont you like them?

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK dude, you SERIOUSLY nned to change your description ASAP! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

You spelled RHOADS wrong! That is a capitol offense around these parts! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Go change it NOW! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X