• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help with my new jackson

Cuz a set of Emgs would sound better [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

oops, well you mispelled need [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] lol. i tried to log in to change but the server is super slow at the moment, ill get it when i wake up,promise. and unless you can get me a good set of emg's for next to nothin im stuck with these for now.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dr_SaC:

http://pub37.bravenet.com/photocente...num=3110001321

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK dude, you SERIOUSLY nned to change your description ASAP!

You spelled RHOADS wrong! That is a capitol offense around these parts!

Go change it NOW!
        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HAHAHA!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

RacerX, you just made a spelling mistake while correcting somebody else, that is too funny... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Although you're of course totally right about the rhoads offense. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

~begs for forgiveness~ all is fixed now. i think. i cant spell worth a *(&$ so someone go proofread it again for me lol.

Comment

Everything looks ok now, oh wait... i found a problem, you still have those Jackson pickups [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

well im still waiting on free emg's to start falling from the sky. untill then ill just have to suffer. btw what kind exactly would you guys reccomend for this guitar? time to go check the weather channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
                HAHAHA!!!

RacerX, you just made a spelling mistake while correcting somebody else, that is too funny... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Although you're of course totally right about the rhoads offense. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, you got me! I must have had a really huge conniption fit at the time; just think, we had a new JCFer excited about his RHOADS PRO....he learned all about his new RHOADS PRO...then BAM he posts a pic on his website with an incorrect (but oh so unfortunately common) spelling of our fallen hero Randy's name! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

actually i used to visit the jcf alot under another name but i couldnt remember it. not sure you guys took me serious though, coz i didnt have a jackson [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] well now i got one so your stuck with me [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] incedentally the only thing ive learned about it so far is it was made in 1990 in japan and its friggin sweet. tell me more im dyin here.

Comment

Emg 81/85 is a very common combination, i've got a set in my sl2h and they're sweeeeet. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i paid 600 us dollars for a Rhoads pro (thanks joe), and its the best damn 600 dollars i've ever spent, killer guitar, i chucked in a new trem, and did a fret level on it, and its a dream, absolutely perfect. If it plays like a dream, its all that matters ay [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] congrats
                      cheers

Comment

Boy, she looks sweet!

Congratulations are in order dude. If you don't go the EMG way, you might wanna try the USA select configuration: JB on the Bridge and Jazz on the neck.

Enjoy.

Rodrigo [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Dr_SaC, what do you wanna know more? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I can tell you that it doesn't have reverse sharkfins. Yes, the pickguard looks crooked. Normally a Rhoads pickguard is almost parallel to the lower fin. If the electronics are original, it should fit in the cavity without making the pickguard crooked. It should look like this (i don't know the electrical specs, but now you know what an original looks like):

Pickups are probably passive J-50B (bridge) and J-50N (neck) like these:

Tremolo looks like a JT-580 to me. Tell me if you need pics of another Rhoads Pro for comparison or whatever.
                          Forget about what you paid. If it plays well, be happy. It looks killer to me! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Glad you're still digging that guitar, bro!
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

will emg's make it any quiter? that the only beef i got with it is its so noisey. could this be a problem with the active preamp? how exactly is that thing affecting my sound anyway?
                              im suprised you had to preplace the floyd, this one is old and still looks brand new, barley a scratch and nota spec of rust on it.

"woah imade this post with out realizing theres was a page2 i better get readin"

[ June 23, 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Dr_SaC ]

Comment

well now i gotta pull out the elctonics cav again and see if that lil board says jackson on it. but im still thinking this stuff was put in at factory coz im pretty sure the guitar has not been repainted and there is no blemish where the proper screw hole should be for the pickgaurd, the pics i got dont really show it but the red finish has something like a fine gold glitter to it that you can only see up close and i think anytouch up spots would be very hard to match on this but i suppose it could have been done.if you look at the yellow rhoads pro mentioned earlier in this thread (which is like less than 100 away in SN#) it has the exact same placement. anyway ill check that later when i go out back to practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X