Interesting I don't think I ever see RR's for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting I don't think I ever see RR's for sale

[I'm not looking to buy anything, don't PM me about things for sale this is just an observation. Also if you're wanting to sell something please don't post it on this thread, go get your membership and post it in the correct area.]

I noticed that I can't really remember seeing any RR's for sale on here. Custom shop this and that, and all sorts of trades of other models but it seems like RR's kind of stay put.

I know I wouldn't part with any of my RR's.

Is to because Charvels and Soloist and Dinky's and that double cut away body is so common that they are just easier for people to part with then the Rhoads models or am I just blind and not noticing how many of them actually send to get put on the block?
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

I've had 2 WR1's from here, 1 per year, both from the same JCF member. My third was a lucky day on ebay. I buy my guitars with the intention of keeping them. It's a lot of time, effort and money to get the stuff I want, so selling them off would be a huge loss both financially and psychologically.

Yep, dinky's and strats are just so common..
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      I've had 2 WR1's from here, 1 per year, both from the same JCF member. My third was a lucky day on ebay. I buy my guitars with the intention of keeping them. It's a lot of time, effort and money to get the stuff I want, so selling them off would be a huge loss both financially and psychologically.

Yep, dinky's and strats are just so common..
      just in case it came across that way, i didn't mean to slight dinky's and strats. it's just you can go into any guitar shop and they have double cutaways where i don't see RR's very often anywhere.

Comment

I bought my 2000 gunmetal gray RR1T from Randy Davis here... which was also owned by Scott (Stuka) and at least one other member here. Scott also had his black 2004 RR1T up for sale which I traded him my Charvel Star for, then I traded that away to Pete (Lhrocker) for a Hamer, and I think he sold it or traded it to someone else. I think I'll be holding onto the GMG for awhile.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I see RRs all the time in my local Guitar Center. But it is true that not many are sold on the JCF. Many more Dinkys and Soloists.
          Scott

Comment

Likewise, though I did find a KV5FR and KE5FR a few weeks ago in a shop which otherwise never has anything more enticing than a DK2M. But the prices are almost the same as a used USA Select from across the pond. I knew you weren't slating dinky's. Neither was I. I wouldn't turn down a DK2M, but I also know I'd be kicking myself if I bought one, then found a really nice WR1 on here or ebay a week later. I've just spent 6 months saving, not spending. It paid off. Hindsight is a bitch too. I've lost out on 2 Warriors because I was too busy spending my money on other stuff. Can I find them again? Not fucking likely. So what I'm saying is, hold on to your money til something you really want turns up. It's horrible waiting, but it's fantastic when you find what you're really looking for.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

My early 80's red RR with factory Floyd took me 25 years to find, and it's staying put now.

Comment

I thought I found a keeper on ebay in a Metallic Black RR1, 'mint condition' at a great deal, got it yesterday to find several deep cracks in the fretboard , about 12 in all running up and down the neck... really sucks, it would have been a nice guitar otherwise.
                Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Bought my RR1 on here, put it up for sale here too..ended up moving it on ebay.

Comment

I'll throw in:

I got my KBRR on the Classifieds a couple years ago, got my Jackson Stars RR1-EK here about a year ago, and just this last Christmas, I got my (WHITE!) RR24M from this massive thread in Jackson Imports http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100613

Got smokin' deals on all....

So you're crazy, eakin!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      I'll throw in:

I got my KBRR on the Classifieds a couple years ago, got my Jackson Stars RR1-EK here about a year ago, and just this last Christmas, I got my (WHITE!) RR24M from this massive thread in Jackson Imports http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100613

Got smokin' deals on all....

So you're crazy, eakin!
                      Apparently!

Comment

You don't as see many because people that buy soloist shaped guitars will flip them for other strat shaped guitars. Not many people will flip an RR for another manufacturers RR shaped guitar. (Other than Alexi L)

I will only ever sell my Rhoads if I get in dire financial straights. Otherwise it will have to be pried from my cold dead hands.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

As far as sales of RRs on HERE I've seen some (of the more expensive ones), but anywhere else there all over the place. First, dont ever buy one new, unless its a coustom because you'll take a bath on a trade-in or selling it. Second, they just suck playing sitting down. (I know about the wing between your legs) Third, lets not even talk about the damage on the tips walking through a doorway!! DOH!! I just got rid of my third RR because that was the the last one I would pick-up and play out of my collection.

This is in NO offence to the RR style lovers in here!!! Love the MAN but I'll take a Dinky/Strat style guitar from now on...............
                          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

You just reminded me of when I sold my RR24 on ebay. The buyer smacked it against the bannister as he walked down the stairs.It was in a gigbag so he never noticed
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I bought a RR1 from the classifieds here(thanks again DarkSaga), I also got the best deal ever on this board for a RR3(thanks again BeholdTheFallen).

It does seem as though flying v's have a more 'dedicated' owner base then 'super strats', I know I've seen JCF-01 in the classifieds before, as well as the occasional king v. ToeMoobs has been trying to move a Dave Mustardstaine for a while(IIRC) ...

AND, a big hell yeah to the long fin getting the shit knocked out of it! I used to wonder before owning one, why all of the RR's I saw had a shitty looking fin<hahahahahaha>
                              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                              X