Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How common are broken/cracked head stocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya I know a guy that has broken the headstock on his sg at least 5 times. Likes to slam it into his mesa during shows. Wish I had the money to do that. And yes the angle this seems to have a lot to do with it. I've dropped an Ibanez and been more worried about the paint than checking the head.

Comment

Originally posted by jed9 View Post
      Ya I know a guy that has broken the headstock on his sg at least 5 times. Likes to slam it into his mesa during shows. Wish I had the money to do that. And yes the angle this seems to have a lot to do with it. I've dropped an Ibanez and been more worried about the paint than checking the head.
      I think there's a bit of a difference between a one piece mahogany neck with an angled headstock and a multipiece maple neck.

I'd sword fight you my 1977 Les Paul Custom against your Ibanez, but it wouldn't be a fare fight:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        I think there's a bit of a difference between a one piece mahogany neck with an angled headstock and a multipiece maple neck.

I'd sword fight you my 1977 Les Paul Custom against your Ibanez, but it wouldn't be a fare fight:ROTF:
        Oh so true my friend.

Comment

Working...
        X