a general Jackson Charvel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a general Jackson Charvel question

So, why is it if I want a USA made Charvel current model it only would cost me $1099 flat out (unless I want the special edition graphic finish for another $200) but if I want a USA made Jackson current model I can expect to pay $1700+(and an extra $1000 for special edition graphic finish)??? Makes no sense to me. Maybe you guys can inform me of what Im missing here.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

I assume there's a good explanation for that. I'm eager to hear it...

Comment

the new charvels are a production line guitar( same type of production as the fender usas). some of the hardware is cheaper and they don't send as much attention to detail. I am sure the labor is a hell of a lot cheaper then the CS guys.
      the Jackson selects are made by the same guys that do the custom shop guitars.

Comment

K, I can buy that. Heres my next question(s); So the new Charvels are USA made but mass produced? And Can anyone give me any good reasons why not to buy one of the new Charvels (known quality issues etc.) cause Im seriously looking at buying one.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

they are great guitars for the money, a truly solid value... real OFR, Duncans, even Dunlop straplocks... a hella good deal, although you only get a gig-bag with it (it is a nice quality bag) but for like $100-150 you can get a really nice case
          Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

K, I can buy that. Heres my next question(s); So the new Charvels are USA made but mass produced? And Can anyone give me any good reasons why not to buy one of the new Charvels (known quality issues etc.) cause Im seriously looking at buying one.
            I can't, the only thing I wish is that they had more of a smoother oil finish on the backof the necks, but they are the most comfortable necks I have ever played. I have 2 mutts with those necks.

Comment

Aside from what has already been said, USA Jacksons have some more expensive materials (ebony fingerboards, MOP inlays instead of dots, German OFR rather than Korean OFR) and some more labor-intensive stuff (shark fin inlays vs. dots, binding). Actually relative to what you see price-wise on something like a Les Paul, the Jacksons are priced really competitively (although that's typically a totally different market than guys who buy $2K+ "pointy" guitars.)

I definitely can't give you a good reason not to buy one. Quality issues are the same as on any other bolt-on guitar, mostly cosmetic. If you get a good one, it's a great guitar.

Comment

Working...
              X