Sam Ash no longer an AD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Ash no longer an AD?

Don't know if this is old news or what but I just got off the phone with a guy at Sam Ash that told me he couldn't even get any more Jackson Guitars as they are no longer and Authorized Dealer. Que?

Interesting. I had made several comments to the guy I deal with at my local Sam Ash about "not having any Jacksons" and their web site has had "pics coming" on their USA stuff forever, and most of the import stuff seems to be "closeout."

So, it wouldn't surprise me. Thing is, they still sell other FMIC stuff, right? So, I wonder if they just want to keep whoring out as many cheap-ass LTD pieces of shit as they can?

I was in there a couple of weeks ago and they actually had at least 7 Gibson Custom Shop guitars... So it's not because they want to sell cheap stuff. :think:

Comment

It seems that many stores that are FMIC dealers have little love for pointys!

I don't do to much business with SA, but was really surprised that the newest catalog I got from Musicians friend had 4-5 pages of Jackson love! A 2 page spread saying how great the JS22t (I think that's the model) was and what a value, etc. ...

They also had several USA's listed, it surprised me. While I've personally never dealt with them, we've several vendors right here on board too(I think they're all named Matt)

So unless you live next door to Sam Ash, no biggie ...
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

They have all the new models online and are only selling at a discount the old models. Can't see them ordering the new ones and then losing their dealership.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          They have all the new models online and are only selling at a discount the old models. Can't see them ordering the new ones and then losing their dealership.
          No Idea. They rep I spoke to on the phone said he had gotten a memo that day saying they are no longer authorise dealers? Anybody have more info?

Comment

Originally posted by Donovan View Post
            No Idea. They rep I spoke to on the phone said he had gotten a memo that day saying they are no longer authorise dealers? Anybody have more info?
            I would've said "I'm with the Jackson Board, I would like to see said memo"
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

San Antonio

Read this rumor on another forum last night so I figured I would stop by our Sam Ash here in San Antonio (only place that actually has Charvels in stock). I asked if they were no longer going to carry Jackson/Charvel and his answer was yes. He said "Fender has discontinued the Jackson/Charvel line completely." :ROTF:

Guess someone forgot to tell the Jackson Charvel guys to skip NAMM and all the 2010 guitars.

Comment

The SA I went amp shopping at only had a DK2 (only Jackson/Charvel)in the store. I wanted to try something with SD's and that was the only guitar they had with them in it. Figured, jackpot! Perfect guitar to try amps with. I play Jacksons and Duncans, this will be a good comparison... The prick wouldn't get the ladder to grab it. Gave me some LTD Les paul thing with a neck as thick as 3/4 of the big end of a baseball bat and LTD pups. Thanks dick!! I don't give a shit if ever step foot in there again. Fuck 'em.... Let them sell other shit to other people! Now back to your regularly scheduled non-ranting thread... sorry..
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I was thrilled to find out that Sweetwater is now carrying Jacksons (and Mesa Boogies!). I've always had good experiences with them.

Comment

I have spoken to TWO sales reps at my local Sam Ash about this. Actually I came in looking for a Jackson/Charvel and was promptly told to buy now because they were dropping Jackson. I think it had something to do with pushing more Fenders. But according to two sales reps (one of which is also a guitar tech for George Lynch that I have known for about 10 years now) it was confirmed to me.
                    I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

You know, maybe it's Jackson that wants out of the Big Box retailers? Sometimes business models need to change.

Comment

Two weekends ago I was in Minneapolis and went to one of the places I used to go and play around. Guitar and Band in Maple Grove, I went in and found only one Jackson in the joint and it was behind the counter, I'm assuming a customers guitar. I asked one of the sales guys there about the lack of Jacksons and he replied thar they could'nt sell them so they dropped them. Told me the rep was by a week earlier and they decided to part ways. I asked him if he had heard anything about the Japanese built guitars being done away with and he said nothing was said. Who knows what's really going on? All I can say is it had better not suck!
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 07-31-2012, 04:56 PM.
                          Just a guitar player...

Comment

I saw an e-tailer with a b&m store liqidating all of their jackson inventory because fender raised the prices on them..... again.

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                              The SA I went amp shopping at only had a DK2 (only Jackson/Charvel)in the store. I wanted to try something with SD's and that was the only guitar they had with them in it. Figured, jackpot! Perfect guitar to try amps with. I play Jacksons and Duncans, this will be a good comparison... The prick wouldn't get the ladder to grab it. Gave me some LTD Les paul thing with a neck as thick as 3/4 of the big end of a baseball bat and LTD pups. Thanks dick!! I don't give a shit if ever step foot in there again. Fuck 'em.... Let them sell other shit to other people! Now back to your regularly scheduled non-ranting thread... sorry..
                              Nah, Rant on, warlok. You're right on the mark, as far as I'm concerned. My experiences in SA (and GC for that matter) have been piss poor to put it mildly. The ONLY good thing I can say about SA was there was one time when they set aside a cardboard shipping box for me when I called. This is easily negated by the 20 or so times I walked in there and was greeted by indifferent or outright sullen clerks and their selection was marginal and the prices heinous. Fuck 'em. I wouldn't buy a Jackson from SA if it were on sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X