Unidentifiable Jackson Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unidentifiable Jackson Rhoads

I was recently in a guitar shop, where I tested a Jackson rhoads, which was used, priced at £599. The proplem is, I liked it, but I can't identify it or match it to anything in Jackson's current of old catalougues.

Here are the specs from just looking.
    Black body
    black painted neck
    neck thru
    two humbuckers with jackson covers
    original floyd rose
    black hardware
    black pickguard
    ebony or rosewood fingerboard
    Sharkfin MOP or MOTO inlays

It felt, by the weight and tone, an alder body with maple neck.
    :think:

Did it say professional or made in the U.S.A. on the headstock?

Comment

Sorry I can't remember. I think it just had the Jackson logo, though something tells me it had something else written on it. It played and sounded a world away from the Deans and Gibsons I tried. though it can't be a made in USA because it was £599. A used USA model is about £999 usually.

Comment

My guess is that it's a Rhoads Pro (MIJ, 1990-1995), judging by the Jackson-labelled pickups, but it's hard to tell for certain. If the headstock also says "Professional", then that is likely what it is.

If it is a Rhoads Pro, then the price is so-so by European standards I think. Not the greatest deal ever, but not a total robbery either.

Comment

Sunbane, I'd rather think 690 € is a pretty good deal for a Rhoads Pro! Dunno what you Swedes get them for of course.

Comment

I think 690 is quite a lot for an 18 year old guitar
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Def. MIJ Pro... There are quite alot of people who prefer the 90's MIJ stuff to current USA stuff, I know of a guy with a RR1 and a ~'95 Rhoads Pro, who says his pro kicks the shit out of the USA and the fit and finish is way tighter on the Pro as well. I personally prefer USA, but I've played some damn nice Pro's from the 90's

if its actual MOP inlay work or says "Professional" on the HS then its a 90's Pro... although the OFR kinda already confirms that.

I'd go for it!
              Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
                if its actual MOP inlay work or says "Professional" on the HS then its a 90's Pro... although the OFR kinda already confirms that.
                The only thing the OFR confirms is that the trem has been swapped. The Pro models had the Schaller JT-590.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X