Jackson Mustaine Kahler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Mustaine Kahler

Does anyone know what the Kahler model was on this guitar? Was it the 3300?

Kahler APM3310
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

A guy is offering a mustaine king v pro with the kahler removed and a tonepros put on. Is this a good idea or not? Does the body have had to to be filled in to allow this?

Comment

I would say that the guitar would have to be filled in. If the guitar wasn't refinished it probably looks like complete shit. I'm not sure that the action would be that goo either, I think the tonepro would sit higher.

Comment

Originally posted by metl_hed1449 View Post
          A guy is offering a mustaine king v pro with the kahler removed and a tonepros put on. Is this a good idea or not? Does the body have had to to be filled in to allow this?
          The only holes that would have to be filled would be the 4 screw holes, and the hole for the grounding wire. There's no routing involved for a Kahler 3310/3300 series bridge. Easy job for someone who knows what they're doing.

Also, non-Floyded KV's should have a neck angle. So the bridge sitting too high/undesirable action shouldn't be an issue you'd encounter.

I assume you're talking about the one on eBay? Unfortunately, the pictures are so crappy it's really hard to tell how good the mod job was. Appears the seller purchased it after the mods we're done and based on his description it sounds like the paint job was so/so. I'd request some better/higher resolution pictures and see if the guy is offering any type of return policy (doubtful). You could also inquire about the action if the guy has the right tool to measure.
          Last edited by Brian; 02-16-2010, 11:41 PM.

Comment

I would think the mod would kill the collector interest in this KV Pro.

Comment

Absolutely. I don't understand why someone would do that to a guitar like that. To each his own I suppose.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

i am just looking for a good playing king v with a string through body (hard to find) i'm not intersted in collector value. Is the mustaine a good player or should I get a usa?

Comment

I have never had a Mustaine.... I have 2 KV2s which is essentially the same thing but with a FR and they are the best playing guitars I have ever put my hands on. I would assume the Mustaine model would be the same way because it has the same neck and frets, etc.... BUT... who knows how it would play with that goofy modification.......

Comment

The KV PRO kicks ass. Mine is original and plays great. I'm not sure how the mod will affect the playability of the guitar, but I would anticipate it will have some type of negative affect.
                    Without seeing it, does it have a stop bar tail piece or did they actually drill through the body to make it string-thru?
                    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Is it this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-King-V-M...item2305609a05

Comment

Working...
                      X