Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar wiggles in the case. Is this bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar wiggles in the case. Is this bad?

Hey so Im gonna sell my DK2M. I like the case the DK2M came with rather than the one my SL2H came with because it has more storage and I actually have the key for it. But the problem is that the soloist has a lot of wiggle room inside of the DK2M case. Is this bad? and sololutions guys?

Could be bad for your soloist depending on what you use the case for, basic at home storage or a lot of travel, lugging the guitar around.

You can always buy a new case but the chip on your headstock could haunt you forever.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

YES!!! Bad indeed, thats a good way to get a CRACKED headstock...

Solution: go to a fabric/craft store and get a polystyrene block or a hard foam roughly as thick as the guitar body (2ish inches) and as wide as the guitar as well, then cut out a shape that surrounds the loose area of the case, and wrap it (with a fabric glue) in a fuzzy material that matches the cases interior and simply fit it in. this is how Jackson custom fits G&G cases in the custom shop, and I have custom fitted many a 'universal fit' cases over the years with this method. if you need more in-depth instructions, PM me! its rather cheap to do, just takes a little time.

Personally, I'd keep the soloist case! P.S. it's weird a soloist would be loose in a dinky case >>> aren't dinky's suppose to be smaller bodied slightly??
      Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
        YES!!! Bad indeed, thats a good way to get a CRACKED headstock...

Solution: go to a fabric/craft store and get a polystyrene block or a hard foam roughly as thick as the guitar body (2ish inches) and as wide as the guitar as well, then cut out a shape that surrounds the loose area of the case, and wrap it (with a fabric glue) in a fuzzy material that matches the cases interior and simply fit it in. this is how Jackson custom fits G&G cases in the custom shop, and I have custom fitted many a 'universal fit' cases over the years with this method. if you need more in-depth instructions, PM me! its rather cheap to do, just takes a little time.

Personally, I'd keep the soloist case! P.S. it's weird a soloist would be loose in a dinky case >>> aren't dinky's suppose to be smaller bodied slightly??
        Yeah I agree with you on this gmac - especially any shipping that gets down or if you travel and the airport gorilla bagage handlers get ahold of it your in trouble.
        As for the size difference, I believe the dinky was a slightly carved down strat-type body where as Mike Shannon ( didn't he create the soloist? ) started from scratch and made the whole thing more streamline. My two cents anyway!
        http://www.myspace.com/dannyjoecarterband
        http://www.youtube.com/user/dannyjoecarter

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post

Personally, I'd keep the soloist case!
          Yeah! I like the soloist case much better. But I dont have the key for the soloist and I definitely want to be able to keep the soloist locked up and safe when Im not playing it. I'll try that method with the polystyrene block. I also heard I can just put a towel under the guitar to fill in the gap so it doesnt wiggle anymore
          Last edited by Acesofbelkan; 02-17-2010, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X