Unidentified Jacson/Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unidentified Jacson/Charvel

Ive been trying to get info for my nephew about his gutar for quite a while. Any chance someone recognizes what it is and mybe when it was made? Its his only guitar and hes in love with the sound but it sucks for him to have to tell his friends that he doesnt know what it is. Its a neck thru and the fine tuners on the bridge have little caps that hold the string in. A little different then what Ive seen. But Im not too knowledgeable about ANY guitars except the ones I have lol So thats why Im here. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Charvel Model 6, '87 or '88. Made in Japan. Looks like Black Cherry metallic.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Yup, Charvel Model 6. Maple neck through poplar body wings. Awesome guitar - basically an old-school Soloist.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith1333 View Post
        the fine tuners on the bridge have little caps that hold the string in. A little different then what Ive seen.
        That trem is the Jackson JT-6.

Your nephew has a nice guitar.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Wow. Over the last year Ive taken it to all the guitar shops around here and none of them had any answers for me. And then you guys answer my questions within hours lol I really appreciate it. Thank you. Its his first electric and his acoustic was stolen so he plans to fix this one up and hand it down when he has kids. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
            That trem is the Jackson JT-6.

Your nephew has a nice guitar.
            Awesome link. Lots of info. Thank you very much.

Comment

I bought my nephew one at the pawnshop 12 years ago for $300.00, it's still his main player, fantastic guitars!
              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Look familiar?

My gear
                87 Charvel Model 6
                86 Charvel Model 4
                93 Jackson RR EX
                93 Jackson Kelly STD
                88 Ibanez RG560
                99 Schecter Diamond C-7
                Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Wow. Over the last year Ive taken it to all the guitar shops around here and none of them had any answers for me. And then you guys answer my questions within hours lol I really appreciate it. Thank you. Its his first electric and his acoustic was stolen so he plans to fix this one up and hand it down when he has kids. Thanks again.
                  Isn't that cool? I remember when I first came to this board and was able to get info on my 1 Jackson and my 1 Charvel that I had for years before.

Reply back with details on the kid's reaction!

What dumb shops, ha ha! Did they at least say "Well, it's a Charvel"
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Needs a little TLC fersure.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

I love them and want more of them!!
                      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Awesome link. Lots of info. Thank you very much.
                        You're welcome, the owner of that site is a member here.
                        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

They're some of the most desirable Charvel imports. The 750XL is the only one I can think of that'd be considered "above" the model 6. I'd take one... or several.
                          |My CSG gallery|
                          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
                            They're some of the most desirable Charvel imports. The 750XL is the only one I can think of that'd be considered "above" the model 6. I'd take one... or several.
                            Some could argue that the 650 is above the Model 6.
                            650 has Better trem & locking nut, but I like the Model 6 neck better.
                            750 is awesome, but a different animal. Short scale, set neck.
                            Models
                            The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                            I dont need furniture.
                            If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                            If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                            And rock that sucker.

Comment

My 750XL plays smoother and faster than the M6 overall (probably due to fresher frets), but the guitar I like to pick up most of the time, is the M6. It just has that MOJO that makes me do stuff. I love its sound, its color and how it feels; it's like an old friend. I dread the day when I have to get it refretted.

Comment

Working...
                              X