Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Floyd Rose Lic on Charvel CX 692

Floyd Rose replacement and parts, etc.
    I have a Charvel (Korean) CX 692 H/S/S and the crappy pot metal on the Double Locking Vibrato/tremolo cracked right across and the tremolo block. I found out this is a JT 280 (WB2 Whammy Bar 2, how original) Wilkinson made tremolo/vibrato. See Pix for guitar, nice Royal Blue. I really like how, this plays and want to repair or upgrade.
    I want to find out if anyone has replaced it for a half decent block and were did they get the parts. Or even better, has anyone swapped out this cheap crap and put in a Schaller or a better Floyd Rose. If you have, what will fit without, extra routering. Jt 500,580,590 or what ever.
    My opening is 3 1/2" x 2". The old block has JINAH imbossed in bottom metal between string holes. Block size 3 1/2" x 1 5/8". I believe it is 2 13/16" stud to stud and I think its 32 mm. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate. Thnx Chris
    Last edited by Bungybeng; 02-25-2010, 05:06 PM.

JT280 WB2 sucks

Did you ever find out if you could replace that crappy bridge with another? I have a CX592 and the same thing happened to me twice! I don't want to hunt down another crappy JT280 only to have it happen again.

Originally posted by Bungybeng View Post
    Floyd Rose replacement and parts, etc.
    I have a Charvel (Korean) CX 692 H/S/S and the crappy pot metal on the Double Locking Vibrato/tremolo cracked right across and the tremolo block. I found out this is a JT 280 (WB2 Whammy Bar 2, how original) Wilkinson made tremolo/vibrato. See Pix for guitar, nice Royal Blue. I really like how, this plays and want to repair or upgrade.
    I want to find out if anyone has replaced it for a half decent block and were did they get the parts. Or even better, has anyone swapped out this cheap crap and put in a Schaller or a better Floyd Rose. If you have, what will fit without, extra routering. Jt 500,580,590 or what ever.
    My opening is 3 1/2" x 2". The old block has JINAH imbossed in bottom metal between string holes. Block size 3 1/2" x 1 5/8". I believe it is 2 13/16" stud to stud and I think its 32 mm. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate. Thnx Chris

Comment

You'll never know, since he was banned five years ago.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
      X