What Neck looks best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Neck looks best?

O.k. i'm putting together this charvel custom thingie. I think it was originally a japanese fender, judging by the trem. what neck looks best on this one? i'm selling this one to get a new san dimas, so any opinions on what you guys like better would be really appreciated.

and here's guitar two. same deal.

Comment

I'd leave the fender neck on the fender. It looks like it's from an early japanese made Fender. It looks great with the custom paint. The other one is weird, kind of feels like the pickguard shouldnt be on there, the body is too small and it steals a lot of the over all look. I like the ps4 neck on it though

Comment

I don't think you will be able to use a 24 fret neck on the first one, since it was designed for a 22 fret neck, that second one I don't know.:think: Who did the paint on the first one?
        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I like the 22 fret jackson neck myself.

Comment

I'd put the sharkfin neck on the green/yellow flames body.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'd put the sharkfin neck on the green/yellow flames body.
              Yea, who cares if it will intonate.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
                I don't think you will be able to use a 24 fret neck on the first one, since it was designed for a 22 fret neck, that second one I don't know.:think: Who did the paint on the first one?
                your right. it will only work if I shave the neck under the fretboard. I can make it 25 1/2 scale with a little work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  Yea, who cares if it will intonate.
                  maybe just the buyer! lol.
                  it's easy to transform it to the right scale. I haven't done it untill I pick a neck. the more I look at all of them, the more confused I get. I got 28 necks and bodies from a guy, and their all starting to blur together. lol.

Comment

The skull paint job is from a local guy that does motor cycle gas tanks etc. I can get his name. he did the strat (for original owner) for $100.

Comment

looks sweet - i like the fender neck on the green and the fusion offset dots on the cool looking orange thing.

Comment

Originally posted by fatstrat View Post
                        The skull paint job is from a local guy that does motor cycle gas tanks etc. I can get his name. he did the strat (for original owner) for $100.
                        Its one helluva nice paint job, but why the fuck did he have to go and use ugly ass green bay packer colors????
                        Last edited by tonemonster; 03-06-2010, 09:42 PM.
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by fatstrat View Post
                          and here's guitar two. same deal.
                          Not to be a dick or anything, but I think you should put that thing out on your lawn and hope somebody steals it.
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

HAHA! it is weird. I build some guitars to fund my other projects, and some for my students that can't afford $500-$1,000 guitars. if I put a chinese floyd on it, I can sell this for $100 and it will make a great student guitar. I found oout the body is actually a DEAN, but since I have over 30 spare jackson necks. this one will be a jackson. the paint job is very cool, and with a reverse headstock, it actually balances very well.
                            Last edited by fatstrat; 03-06-2010, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                              Not to be a dick or anything, but I think you should put that thing out on your lawn and hope somebody steals it.
                              now THIS ONE has that orange thing beat! if I put it on the lawn people will cross the street!

Comment

Working...
                              X