Dave Mustaines Firebird.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Mustaines Firebird.

He uses it on the trust video, who else has seen this before? the red one with the gold lsr tuners, it's so damn amazing, anyone know what happened to it, did he sell it or has he still got it?

(Not sure what guitar I'm on about check the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMh-iXnkH18)
    Gear

Jackson DXMG
    Jackson JS30RR
    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
    Blackstar HT5H
    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
    Marshall JCM 800 2203
    Marshall 1960A Cab

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
    He uses it on the trust video, who else has seen this before? the red one with the gold lsr tuners, it's so damn amazing, anyone know what happened to it, did he sell it or has he still got it?

(Not sure what guitar I'm on about check the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMh-iXnkH18)
    Ive seen it, seems it may have been just a prop for the video. Never seen it with him anywhere before or after.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I believe he had a flame maple topped bird done back in the day. I also believe someone on this board had an identical guitar made at the same time.

Comment

Actually I did a Google search and found a link to the old gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          Ive seen it, seems it may have been just a prop for the video. Never seen it with him anywhere before or after.
          It's not a prop. Both he and Marty played Firebirds.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

In fairness, Mustaine didn't play them much, and I don't recall seeing him play them live. But it was 'his' guitar not just a rented in prop.

There was one for sale in a store in London, and from what I found out from Jackson, they made 4. Dave had two and the others were sold, and then he sold one in his big Jackson sell-off a few years ago. The lack of the step in the body makes them look strange to me...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

didn't that fucker with "brick-like fists" have that guitar?
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The link I posted to the old gallery alludes to the four being made. Brad (Kelly?) had one and I want to say Tommy had one, but I could be wrong. I seem to remember brick fisted Vince having a supposed DM bird but I do not recall the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                  The link I posted to the old gallery alludes to the four being made. Brad (Kelly?) had one and I want to say Tommy had one, but I could be wrong. I seem to remember brick fisted Vince having a supposed DM bird but I do not recall the details.
                  Didn't Tommy have a blue/purple one?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Pretty sure he did. Wasnt it a burst of sorts?

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                      didn't that fucker with "brick-like fists" have that guitar?
                      Vince Sansevere was it? or DoubleNeckKingV? Lmao
                      Gear

Jackson DXMG
                      Jackson JS30RR
                      Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                      Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                      Blackstar HT5H
                      Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                      Marshall JCM 800 2203
                      Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

I don't care what anyone says, I love this song, and music video. Such an amazing Firebird

Here's another pic of that Firebird in the trust video, I think... Can't really see the LSR Tuners.:

Comment

I was under the impression Rob Lane owned one of the four made. The color is supposed to be Ox Blood.
                          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                            I don't care what anyone says, I love this song, and music video. Such an amazing Firebird

Here's another pic of that Firebird in the trust video, I think... Can't really see the LSR Tuners.:

No LSR's on that one, from what I can see they're black grover tuners.
                            Gear

Jackson DXMG
                            Jackson JS30RR
                            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                            Blackstar HT5H
                            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                            Marshall JCM 800 2203
                            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

If you guys are interested in Mustaines Firebird, just ask his tech about. Plus he's a cop, so you know he'll be honest about it.
                              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Working...
                              X